Marathon Plus Puncture

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Had a puncture on the way home last night, bad timing as I needed to be somewhere and my time was tight (out on the river on my kayak if you must know!).

Marathon Plus, 3,600 miles without a puncture, last night it was caused by an industrial staple with 10mm legs. Must look for a better tyre. :wink:

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Had a puncture on the way home last night, bad timing as I needed to be somewhere and my time was tight (out on the river on my kayak if you must know!).

Marathon Plus, 3,600 miles without a puncture, last night it was caused by an industrial staple with 10mm legs. Must look for a better tyre. :wink:

Hardshells

that is all ....
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    Pah! Your Marathon Plus was a cissy one. I had one of those staples in mine as I rode round Elephant & Castle. I wondered what the flapping noise was as I rode, only to find it was the other end of the staple scraping the seatstay! I'd never have known otherwise. Any other tyre encountering that at speed on an angle, and I'd have been on the deck under the wheels of a maniac.

If you find a better tyre than the M+, though, you should definitely buy it!
    Riding on 531
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    This is a real "postman bites dog" kind of report
  • you could try one of these not much more than the rolling resistance of M+ and completely 100% punctureproof!