OTH MTB Ride Haldon Sth Devon Sunday 7/11/10 - All welcome

devbrix
devbrix Posts: 127
edited November 2010 in MTB rides
Great ride last Sunday in Teign Valley particularly when the rain and gale had stopped. Had to wash half the trail out of my bike clothes to get them clean! Its a great route which I would be keen to do again.

Paul suggested we should go up to Haldon this weekend and do some of the trails or can consider another trail elsewhere. Again all welcome.

Will meet at 10am on Sunday. For anyone who hasn't been out with us before drop me a line through the private message bit and I'll email my phone etc so you can track us down when you arrive.

David
Over The Hill (OTH)
All of these things....

Comments

• Looking forward to Sunday at Haldon, have been off any type of riding this week to help the ribs heal (feels worse though??). New deraileur arriving Sat morning hopefully.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Looking forward to getting out on sunday are we riding the trails or going somewhere else?
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Think a few blasts around some trails, and generally fun!
    with the added comfort of a coffee at the end (and the use of loos that have doors (and are not bushes!))

Hopefully we will all be alive and well at the time!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • camerauk
    sounds good will see everyone up there at 10am :D
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Thanks again for a great ride!

Have scraped the mud off of ourselves and the bikes (and the pine needles- they get in some odd places!)

Looking forward to next weeks ride- hopefully we can get a few more people along!

Kat
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • camerauk
    Yes was a good ride looking forward to next week
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • devbrix
    devbrix Posts: 127
    Really enjoyed Haldon and especially the Blue Route on Sunday. Not ridden before and its a cracker.
    Looking forward to this Sunday now and hope I can get out before then. Weather looks interesting again this week!

Paul, where and when would you like us to meet for the route you suggested - can you post the general route in case anyone else is interested in coming?
    See you Sunday

David
    All of these things....
  • camerauk
    Hi David
    I maybe going out tomorrow if your interested in coming along not sure where or for def yet but pm me if u fancy it
    Andy
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Route can be found on link

http://www.corbetteer.co.uk/public/drawmap.php?un=overthehill&rn=Bovey30kmloop[url][/url]

10 am sound good? Should be able to park on the verge on left hand side just past the fire station, right at the start of our ride!

(Increasing scale on left hand side changes map to Landranger style map. Description box can be moved by dragging it.)

Route can be shortened by turning left down into Bovey by the Edgemoor Hotel at cross road (20km route)