forks

Lewis A
Lewis A Posts: 767
edited November 2010 in MTB general
will 100mm forks work with a bike origionaly equiped with 65mm? thanks!
Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.

Comments

• 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    I think that this could raise the overall height at the front end of the bike. It could also raise the height of the bottom braket. This could therefore affect the handling of the bike. If you were able to set the sag of the fork you could reduce the height difference.
    However you should consider that you could put extra stress on the head tube and possibly weaken or stress the frame.

This is only my view and I now hope that some of the more informed members come in and shoot me down in flames.
  • i wouldnt be surprised if that voids your warranty. normally its 10 or maybe 20mm either way of the manufactures recommended.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Would think any bike originally with 65mm is probably out of warranty anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it all comes down to Axle to crown height.

what is it?

also what frame and year?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    2007 giant rock. AC???
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's unlikely to be ideal, since that's almost a 2 decibel change in travel.
    Like Nick says, it's to do with the axle to crown length, really though. Fork travel is only an estimation of fully extended length.