Commuted by car today

shouldbeinbed
shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
for the first time in ages and what a hateful experience it was.

it is raining the sort of rain here that has men building big boats and rounding up livestock but I'd still happily ride 10 times further in that than having picked my wife up in Old Trafford and driven to Oldham this evening.

If I wasn't compelled to be on a call out over too wide an area to cycle, I'd be off the insurance and sack driving altogether. I can see why many drivers are such grumpy impatient a***holes having to do that every day.

*whiney strop over*

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Every time I commute by car I think "not again", but there always is a next time, usually about 4 or 5 weeks later when I wake up late with a hangover...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Every time I commute by car - its the guilty feeling that gets me! Its almost like I have been unfaithful to my lover! Even if its lashing down with rain and only an idiot would ride to work.
    The beatings, horsewhippings and torture will continue until performance improves to an acceptable level. This may take some time.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    You should go back to bed .... sorry couldn't resist :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.