Rock Shox Pike Ti Spring options

mlbaker
mlbaker Posts: 77
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Anyone know if you can get a ti spring for Pike's? And if you can how much weight it would reduce them by?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not that I am aware of, never seen any. Can't just drop another type in as is the Uturn system. Would need modding.
  • I suspected that might be the case, I was mainly wondering how much weight could be saved as I really rate Pike's but they are heavy
  • Get some revelations instead...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I might be confused, but weren't there some air sprung pikes?
  • I thought about that but when i was playing on my mate's 5 with 36's (air) they felt comparatively awful which i thought maybe because they're air- i'd never bounced both air and coil at the same time to compare
  • There were, i had a set on my 456 but they're still almost a pound more than the revelations.
  • Anonymous
    mlbaker wrote:
    I thought about that but when i was playing on my mate's 5 with 36's (air) they felt comparatively awful which i thought maybe because they're air- i'd never bounced both air and coil at the same time to compare
    Could be the setup on your mate's Fox. I went from Coill pikes to an air sprung Fox 36RC2, and the fox is roughly the same, if not a little bit more supple (I backed off the high speed damping significantly).
  • Yeah she perhaps doesn't care for her bike to well but it is less than 6 months old. I really want to try the new marzochi's 44 ti- lightweight and coil but expensive!
  • Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti Forks 2011
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    I had Air Pikes for over four years with no problem and I really rated them but now I have Relelations and they're even better.
  • Anonymous
    mlbaker wrote:
    Yeah she perhaps doesn't care for her bike to well but it is less than 6 months old. I really want to try the new marzochi's 44 ti- lightweight and coil but expensive!
    Her damping, or spring settings could be to blame, but also, Fox are notoriously "sticky" when new, and need a fair bit of bedding in before their best performance is achieved.