Helmet help!

irezumi
irezumi Posts: 142
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Careful!

Right, I obviously have a bizzarely shaped head as nothing seems to fit quite right. I've tried all the major brands and they are either too loose or if they arent loose pinch (to varying degrees) around the temples.

Catlike Whisper in small is the best so far, anybody have suggestions of other brands to try, have tried all the big names, Bell, Giro Met etc...?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• have a go at the uvex range, very adjustable might suit you
    dont only ride a bike
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Rapha beanie or Assos stinger
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    I got a KASK vertigo off off the bay for £85 that normally sells for about £120.

Its a medium and is such a great fit for me.

Worth checking out KASK
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    You didn't mention Specialized in your list. the S-Works is a fantastic lid and comes with extra pads for customising your fit. Specialized have released loads more lids since I bout mine so worth checking them too?
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,856
    You just need to try helmets on, no one on here can tell you what fits you. Drop in at any random bike shops you pass and try whatever they've got on.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    ajb72 wrote:
    You didn't mention Specialized in your list. the S-Works is a fantastic lid and comes with extra pads for customising your fit. Specialized have released loads more lids since I bout mine so worth checking them too?
    I just got a new S-works helmet under the crash replacement policy and I love it - best fitting helmet I have owned (better than the Decibel I had). However, Mr A tried the S-works about 6 months ago and didn't like the fit (so bought a Giro Ionos).