Tyre Config

LjStronge
LjStronge Posts: 287
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Just a quick question

I bought a Panaracer XC Pro 2.1 tyre (just the one first to see what it is like) for bling purposes as well as I heard it's a decent tyre.

I am currently running High Rollers front & back. I want to put the Panarace on one see what it's like and it can go on either.

Which wheel shall I throw it on to get the best idea?

I'll riding XC in Swinley if that helps.
Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    You didn't say which HR's they were, if 2.1 I'd stick the XC Pro on the front to start with, but if it's a 2.35 on the back.

But if it were me I'd swap them about until I had a definitive answer.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • The HR's are 2.1's

I guess I could them on both - fair point. I'll give it a go!
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    I'd try them on both ends to get a good feel of how they'd react in both roles. However, you won't get the full picture until you've got them on both ends together as that'll give you a different experience.
    I love Panaracer tires, I'm running Cedric Gracia XC 2.1 rear and 4X/AM 2.35 on the front. They're awesome! A fun combination. Climb very well, sticky and responsive. And very bling...
    Many happy trails!
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    Love the tread pattern of the Fire XC Pro as an intermediate tyre. However, I have had sidewall issues with 3 of them. You could see daylight through the things (2 of them), and the other perished on the join between the red stripe and black wall.

Also...they clog badly in gloop.

Other than that...they're ok!