Kona Dew 2009 bike saddle and seatpost stolen

Don.
Don. Posts: 43
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
I've just arrived home and found that the saddle and seatpost of my bike have been stolen.
I've had a look around, but cant seem to find them advertised anywhere.
Apparently I had:
Saddle:Kona Comfort
Seatpost:Kona Thumb

Any suggestions as to what alternatives I could get?
Id also like to get something other than the quick release thingummy I currently have...

When it comes to seatposts, does one size fit all?

Thanks

Comments

• Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    seatpost diameters do vary, so get it measured by your LBS to double check. get locking bolts rather than the QR (more of a faff to adjust your saddle, but it should be in the same place all the time anyway).

And take the plunge and buy a Brooks :)
  • Don.
    Don. Posts: 43
    Alphabet wrote:
    seatpost diameters do vary, so get it measured by your LBS to double check. get locking bolts rather than the QR (more of a faff to adjust your saddle, but it should be in the same place all the time anyway).

And take the plunge and buy a Brooks :)

Thanks for the reply.
    I've been looking online and so far I've found diameters for the Kona Thumb seatpost of:
    27, 27.2 and 30 mm :roll:
    I definitely will be getting locking bolts other than quick release bolts clamps I currently have.

Brooks?

I've emailed Kona World to ask them what the correct diameter is, but havent heard back yet.
    Does anyone have any idea of the diameter seatpost I should be getting?
  • PINHEAD locks
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Hi,

I've got a 2009 Kona Dew Plus (54cm). I think they're basically the same frame. i pulled the seatpost and it's stamped with 27.2 diameter.

If you want to be sure, the bet would be to go to the Konaworld forum, sign up and post on the Tech Support forum - the guy there usually posts back within a day.

A good replacement saddle would be a Charge Spoon. It gets good reviews.

Cheers
  • None of the locking skewers are particularly good, I have arrived at this after removing a set of pitlocked wheels and seatpost in around 10 minutes for a mate who has bought a bike with them but the key in is germany with the girlfriend of the original owner...

Just get a standard allen key one, crank it up pretty tight and if you really care pop a bearing into the head and fill the hole with wax to keep it in.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    You could try one of these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kryptonite-kryptoflex-seatsaver-76cm-cable-bike-lock/

But it's still more faff to take care of when locking up the bike.