What is the world coming to?

IcarusGreen
IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
edited November 2010 in The Crudcatcher
33589_165294550161690_100000434382672_422227_2156645_n.jpg

Do I really need to say anything?
+ 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
Giant SCR 02 (2006)

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I take it you ve not had internet access for a while icarus? :wink:

Can someone fill in the uneducated on why poppies are insensitive to the irish? I thought they were a WW1 thing...?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    ddraver wrote:

Can someone fill in the uneducated on why poppies are insensitive to the irish? I thought they were a WW1 thing...?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 504242.ece
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if collections arent made for anything else at the ground, i dont see why they should be made for the poppy appeal.

if the ban has been made to satisfy the irish fan contingent, i wonder why it is acceptable to consider the opinion of those people yet disregard the opinions of everyone else.

i could understand irish folk being upset by the poppy when in ireland, i dont see how they can be bothered by a symbol they have chosen to make fit their own opinion in a country that isnt theirs.
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Because;

1) It's parkhead.
    2) It's parkhead.
    3) It's parkhead
    4) they are so badly educated that they think everything to do with the british millitary is an attack on 'their' I highlight "their" country, say those that have lived in Scotland all their lives?

Don't get me started. Follow follow.
  • Razer_MTB
    Razer_MTB Posts: 361
    if collections arent made for anything else at the ground, i dont see why they should be made for the poppy appeal.

+1
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • IcarusGreen
    ddraver wrote:

I know why the Irish are against Poppies! I havn't made myself clear but i am well aware of the links between Celtic and Ireland but......

Celtic is in Glasgow, which is in Scotland, which is part of Great Britain. Therefore they should be supporting what is a great cause for people who have died for these countries.

THIS
    V
    if the ban has been made to satisfy the irish fan contingent, i wonder why it is acceptable to consider the opinion of those people yet disregard the opinions of everyone else.

i could understand irish folk being upset by the poppy when in ireland, i dont see how they can be bothered by a symbol they have chosen to make fit their own opinion in a country that isnt theirs.

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    If they hate it that much how do they cope with going to the shops? Or do they have special Irish ghettos fenced off for Irish people only?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • chedabob wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I'm sorry but this really boils my piss, thats like saying i wont wear a poppy because the taliban grow poppies for heroin to fund terrorism.
    The vast majority of people walking through the gates of parkhead are scottish allbeit with a misguided loyalty to a flag thats not their own, and will more than likely have had older relatives that were directly involved in the conflict that rememberance day is about. This should be about charity end of, but as all to often in glasgow it's been twisted to suit the bigotry of the green and blue divide

Pull down parkhead and ibrox and be done with it.

Aetheism rules.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    chedabob wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

thankyou - incidently and off topic, It;s that kind of well written and interesting peice (whichever point of view you take) that makes me sad the times went behind a paywall. Can't find another online paper that does nt contain aload of partisan party politics b*ll*cks!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    They're a bit tetchy about that sort of thing at Celtic. The joke that the club was the sporting wing of the IRA was probably only half a joke.

Remember the reaction when Gascoigne played for Rangers, scored a goal at Parkhead and did his little flute playing impression in front of the home crowd? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i cant find it but there was a completely webbo photo of a tatto someone had of gazza doing the flute ting which was completely hilarious!!.
  • IcarusGreen

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • If they hate it that much how do they cope with going to the shops? Or do they have special Irish ghettos fenced off for Irish people only?

special irish ghetto where they try not to do anything for rememberance but spend a shit load on St Patricks day?

Why that would be Coatbridge of course
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy