Recon Silver TK Stanchions.

n.battison
n.battison Posts: 57
edited October 2010 in MTB general
I have never actually seen any of these forks in real life and i m confused as to what colour the stanchions actually are.

I presumed because of the name they had the same silver (chrome) stanchions as the Tora and Darts.

On the rockshox website it shows them as being gold but on other pictures i have seen such as pictures of the whyte 805 they look silver to me.

Anyone know what colour they actually are?

Neil
My Bikes And Me
A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Maybe the ones on the Whyte are OE spec?
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Silver are chrome (steel) and Gold are gold (alloy)
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Andy B wrote:

According to the Rockshox website, all the 2011 Recons have Gold stantions. Would they make an OE one with chrome stantions?

Or is there actually a 2011 Recon available with Chrome Stantions? This is confusing!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Andy B wrote:

According to the Rockshox website, all the 2011 Recons have Gold stantions. Would they make an OE one with chrome stantions?

Or is there actually a 2011 Recon available with Chrome Stantions? This is confusing!

the Recon Gold have Aluminium legs and the Recon Silver have steel legs. As stated on the Sram Webby.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the one's i bought from merlin have silver stantions:

p4pb5470881.jpg