Upgrading Which Frame?

conor_m07
conor_m07 Posts: 4
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi. I'm new on here, but ive been reading the posts about people looking to upgrade their frames for next year, I have a similar dilemma, at the moment I currently have a Madone 5 Series but looking at upgrading the frame for next year as I will be competing in races, my LBS stock a good range of high end frames 2010 models which are currently in the sale. I would like peoples opinions who have these frames or have tested them and let me know what they think of them...... Or put themselves in my shoes and help me choose the right frame.

The frames which I like & are stocked in my LBS are:-
Specialized S-Works SL3
Trek Madone 6 Series
Look 595
Cervelo R3

All frames are around similar price.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Your 5 series will be fine, replace it when you've crashed it!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    ^ agree - the last thing a racing noob should be worrying about is riding a new frame when starting racing. Expensive frames aren't any stronger than cheap ones either.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I was looking into upgrading because my frame at the moment is a performance fit and would like something which is a race fit. And also my bike at the moment weighs 17.5Lbs and was looking for something a little lighter.
  • If it's road racing your looking to do, I'd get one of these (or something silmilar...)

http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/eng/Produ ... AAD-10-105

I can't afford to bend an expensive frame in a RR. The Dale' is cheaper than any of the frames you've listed (unless you have a mega deal from your LBS, please forward their details if that's the case) it's a perfectly cabable bike for racing on and then you'll have another bike, just for racing on. How cool is that?
  • I'll be using the 5 series for training & club runs.
    I want something high spec for racing, light, stiff, comfortable to ride.... Was thinking towards the SL3.