Neglected

fatwomble
fatwomble Posts: 117
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Just realised I haven't ridden my hardtail for a year. Poor thing, it must think I hate it.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    its what it deserves. hardtails are the worst bikes ever.

once you have ridden a full sus bike, i dont know why anyone would bother with a fs bike
  • i dont know why anyone would bother with a fs bike

I'm not going to argue :lol:
  • lg18
    lg18 Posts: 92
    I tried a full susser once. I thought "what's the point?" It irons out the bumps and makes it all too smooth and easy. I would need bigger and bigger hits for the same enjoyment. And bad technique gets forgiven and would encourage me to be lazy. Now wouldn't change my HT for the world! Get your poor old HT out of the garage and give it the love it deserves!
    Lucy
  • Anonymous
    lg18 wrote:
    I tried a full susser once. I thought "what's the point?" It irons out the bumps and makes it all too smooth and easy. I would need bigger and bigger hits for the same enjoyment. And bad technique gets forgiven and would encourage me to be lazy. Now wouldn't change my HT for the world! Get your poor old HT out of the garage and give it the love it deserves!
    Lucy

couldnt agree more.
  • Anonymous
    or less.
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    Mine had been neglected for the last couple of months in favour of the zesty. However...took it for a blast yesterday and absolutely loved it. So much so that I again reached for the HT this morning for a balls out mud fest on my own through the local woods.....sliding all over the place, the snap of acceleration that just isn't there with the FS. Came back caked in shyte

And, no complex pivots and awkward to clean places.....just a quick hose down, some bike spray and lube and it's all clean again!
  • Whats the point of a full sus you ask. It lets you travel the same bit of singletrack faster than you would have when you couldn't pedal cause the bumps were kicking you out of the seat on your hardtail.
    Specialized Langster
    Specialized Enduro Expert
    Specialized Rockhopper

This season I will be mainly riding a Specialized
  • fatwomble
    Strangely enough I don't post this to start a Full Sus v HT debate :D

I like to have both, just always seem to grab the Orange since I bought it. Feel very guilty now, going to get out on the HT more often from now on.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I like both... but for general razzing and playing around... and in fact almost all of my riding its the HT. Thats why if I only have 1 (as i do now) its got to be a long travel HT with big tyres and a "capable" build.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    langster wrote:
    Whats the point of a full sus you ask. It lets you travel the same bit of singletrack faster than you would have when you couldn't pedal cause the bumps were kicking you out of the seat on your hardtail.

Can you only pedal sitting down or something? Why are you staying seated on bumpy singletrack?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Now if you had a 29er HT........................
    Don't think, BE:
  • fatwomble
    wobbem wrote:

I have plans to get one as well :wink:
  • wobbem wrote:

..............You'd be poor (because people only ride HT because they can't afford FS)AND a hippy!

I agree with sheepsteeth, hardtails are rubbish. I'd never have one.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    What can I say............ :lol:
    http://vimeo.com/13081766
    Don't think, BE:
  • Anonymous
    the good thing about a hT is that it helps you to hone your skills instead of letting you crash through terrain on a lazy fs bike.
  • the good thing about a hT is that it helps you to hone your skills instead of letting you crash through terrain on a lazy fs bike.

That's true, absolutely everyone should learn on a ht, this is the only way to gain skills on an mtb, without this you will never be able ride properly
  • Anonymous
    yup there's no point in being able to ride fst if you cant ride skillfully. you just crash through stuff and cover ground quickly on a FS whereas you know how to pick a line on a HT, unlike FS riders.

i reckon a minimum of 5 yrs on a ht is what it takes to really learn everything you need to know.
  • Anonymous
    its what it deserves. hardtails are the worst bikes ever.

once you have ridden a full sus bike, i dont know why anyone would bother with a fs bike

You sir, know nothing
  • I think without that minimum of 5 years expperience you would really be overbiked on a fs, in fact it's debateable if you even need a fs in the uk.