Isis bottom bracket problem

tightbarsteward
tightbarsteward Posts: 123
edited October 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Have an old race face ride xc crank and bottom bracket failed.my shell is 68mm but old bb will also fit 73mm so I have to fit a 5mm spacer for it to work. Anyway took old one out and it was 113mm, so bought cheap ip components one off ebay. Have fitted it but chain alignment seems to be out and chain will only shift to big ring when I'm in a high gear on rear sprockets. I can't understand why. Tried adjusting front mech but no joy. Any suggestions?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so how have you added the new one?
    with or with out any spacers? does it need spacers? what make is the new one?

is the arm bottomed out on the stops correctly?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Link
    hope that link works. That's the bb. No it doesn't require a spacer. Yes the arms seem flush with the stops
  • nicklouse
    linky not worky.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • I'm having problems posting link as my laptop is goosed so I'm posting off my phone. If you search ebay with these key words it should come up

Vp Isis 68mm
  • nicklouse
    all i can thing of is.

1. it is not a 113 axle.

or 2.you just need to set the front mech correctly.

check what the actual front chainline is.