Merida Brass Monkeys... with customary tyre question...

2»

Comments

• ROUND 3 Course complete Bridge's and drainage in!! Course map on event website.
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    You can see all of the photos, the race reports and lap by lap analysis on my site. If you want to write up your race experience then do not hesitate to contact me, the more the merrier, no report to big or too small!

http://xcenduro.co.uk/racing/races/2010 ... 011_r2.asp

Cheers
    Si
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • ENTRY UPDATE

Round 3 is almost full, so if you have not entered yet, get on with it, so you don't get disappointed for missing this great course and the final round of this series.

Entries will close Friday or sooner if full which is looking likely. NO ON THE DAY ENTRY!!!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Is it going to be as dry as last year then Pants, seem to remember this course drained really nicely!
  • Well I have been up there all day today Draining and Blowing it, so I hope so, the bits that were boggy last time aint this time as I've sorted them out! The course is ready to go!!
  • njee20
    Did we all enjoy it then? How was your first foray into MTB racing Miss Notax!? I thought the course held up pretty well, seemed to be more climbing than descending though! Could never make a good job of that muddy descent in the woods. Got 6th in the 2 hour though, which I'm pleased with!
  • frogstomp
    frogstomp Posts: 412
    njee20 wrote:
    Did we all enjoy it then?

Yup, preferred the course to R2.. didn't seem to be as cut up..

Happy to have improved over R2 by getting my 2 laps in in under the 2 hours (just!).. still way down the field though (91st). It's all good practise though!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    njee20 wrote:
    Did we all enjoy it then? How was your first foray into MTB racing Miss Notax!? I thought the course held up pretty well, seemed to be more climbing than descending though! Could never make a good job of that muddy descent in the woods. Got 6th in the 2 hour though, which I'm pleased with!

Definitely a good course and I think I enjoyed it... :? :D

13th out of 16 (ladies 2 hour) which is rubbish - I got a bit freaked in all the congested bits and let far too many go ahead (I don't mean race leaders etc who I obviously moved out of the way for) when in reality I was riding at their pace or faster anyway. Which is probably why I was looking a bit grumpy when you shot past me!!

I was also more than a bit twitchy having had a trip to A&E last Thursday courtesy of an icy descent in the New Forest - mild concussion and black eye anyone! :lol::lol:

Good fun though, and I think I would probably do another one. I would just try to judge my pace a little bit better and not let literally EVERYONE past me for no reason :roll:

Hey ho!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • njee20
    You were very consistent, so you paced yourself well, which is a big part of it. It's always hard in events like that where the range is massive, as you will inevitably be passed by people, and you obviously don't want to be in peoples way. You'll get used to it, hopefully people were generally friendly, I think I sounded a bit irate, apologies!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572

And no, you were absolutely fine!! With hindsight I think it was just so different to my usual riding (natural techy MTBing in the New Forest with no-one else around!)... I never felt as if I was racing at anything like my full pace (except for the fireroad climbs and the flat finish), so at least it gives me plenty of scope for a massive improvement next time :wink::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • njee20
    Having other people around always makes things harder, I kept screwing up the muddy off camber bends just before the bridge in the woods. I'm sure that if I was riding along it would be fine, but the pressure of having people around you and trying to be as quick as possible often ends up making you slower and you start making mistakes!

You weren't last anyway, and you know what to expect for next time. That had more climbing than most courses, it was pretty tough.
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    Lap by lap analysis is done and there is feedback from the organisors on the series too. If anyone has any photo links they want to add or a race report (big or small) then let me know. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves!

http://xcenduro.co.uk/racing/racing.asp
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk