Do you

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
if you have a second set of wheels change the cassette or do you have another cassette on your training/good wheels.

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Your're better off putting a cassette on both rear wheels... Just saves faffing about!

I have 4 rear wheels and 6 cassettes...
    Too many ratios...
    Too many choices...
    Too much faffing!
    :oops:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • alomac
    alomac Posts: 189
    Would you then need a different chain for each cassette given that they wear together?
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    alomac wrote:
    Would you then need a different chain for each cassette given that they wear together?

no
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I can't imagine having to swap cassettes every time I wanted to switch between wheels. Unless you are into that kind of thing, don't go there!

Re chains, whilst I wouldn't suggest changing chains when swapping wheels, you might want to consider changing the chain more frequently than you may otherwise do - particularly if you find that one set of wheels gets used alot more than the others which might lead to premature cassette wear on the lesser used set. Hope that makes sense!

Peter
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    Have three sets of wheels all with cassettes fitted saves the f&*$k around factor 8)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Swap the cassettes around every month to keep the wear even.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • two sets of wheels, two cassettes .. there is a pattern forming before your very eyes ..