Well that was a 1st...

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Now that I'm getting a bit more accustomed to the nice descents at CwmCarn I think I'm getting a bit faster....

For the 1st time ever, l got air just because I was going faster :D
Felt really weird, the bike just sorta floated over a lip and I gently landed on the downslope.

Never experienced it before... Usually I have to prejump or force the air!

It felt awesome! :D

Think I'm starting to like this FS thingy more and more each time I ride! (climbing is a bit too bouncy though :( )

I still hate SRAM gears though :p

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    sounds good, im envious of folk who live near awesome riding.

have you any completed pictures of the bike yet?
  • Yea I've got it pretty good here tbh... I can leave the gf in bed on saturday mornings, go for a ride and then when I get back she's almost ready to go out lol!

Yea got a pretty good photo, will try and get it uploaded tomorrow!
  • I love the descent at Cwmcarn, it nearly makes up for the horrible climb :)
  • Getting air on trails is a great feeling. I've got a few small sections on my local trail that I get air on. Nothing big, but just enough to pop a smile and give me a good feeling.

I want to find some trails around here with more lips and a bit more technical. All the extremely good trails are about 40 minutes away by train, which isn't bad but a bit annoying having to pay for a bike every time I want to go ride somewhere with a bit more fun.
  • Yea it's been a bit of a culture shock for me...
    I used to have to drive 2hrs each way for my fav trail (whinlatter) and pay £5 for parking.

Now I'm only 20-25 mins away from CwmCarn, free parking and it's only 5 mins from work so I can do a weekday ride too!

Loving it :D
  • I had a MTB first,also in Wales, today.

I was at Afan and it wasn't raining! Although the cafe had sold out of sausages and bacon.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    I had a MTB first,also in Wales, today.

I was at Afan and it wasn't raining! Although the cafe had sold out of sausages and bacon.

bad planning to have run out on a Saturday
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    felt awesome when i first did that. it becomes a common thing now :D
  • I love Cwmcarn, 2 hour drive for me though :cry:

I'm so rubbish at climbing the Twrch takes me forever, but it's worth it. You'll have to have a go at the downhill now, I'm going again in a couple of weeks... I was the slowest last time, but it's awesome fun!
  • Well done, Monkey...it's a great feeling when things click into place, isn't it.

I am pretty pants when it comes to 'getting air', and it's something that I should practice, rather than shy away from. That said, I'm knocking on now (43), so perhaps I'm a little too old to be learning jumps!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    perhaps I'm a little too old to be learning jumps!

you're never too old...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    living close to cwmcarn is awsome :D

never having time off sucks ass :cry:
  • One day I'll meet you there Kev :lol:

I'm gutted I forgot my £2 to wash the bike... I've noticed that mud/water collects under one of the linkages which is quite annoying... i'll have to go back next weekend to use the bike wash.. what a shame :lol: haha.

Legs are bloody aching today though, those 1st climbs kill me!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I was at Afan and it wasn't raining!
    Lies! POIDH
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    I was at Afan and it wasn't raining!
    Lies! POIDH

How many photos do you need? I think I have one of the rock garden at the bottom of the black run. It was supposed to be of my mate walking his bike down after getting a flat but for some reason he didn't make it into shot (I presumed he was going to slip over hence the camera being out).

Will that do?

Or was it proof of the sausage and bacon shortage in the Drop Off you were referring to?