Bordon and surrounding areas

thecremeegg
thecremeegg Posts: 284
edited October 2010 in Routes
I know that they hold an XC event at Bordon but I cant for the life of me get a route map of it so I have no idea where it starts or where it goes. Looking for a route to do with the gf who's just started mtbing and having done Alice Holt to death I fancied somewhere different.
So, has anyone got a link to the route or somewhere close?

Cheers

Comments

• Do they have any good trails at alice holt other than all the fire roads and wide paths..? Also where in borden is this event? I'm quite interested!!!
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    I've done the Bordon XC races a couple of times and I keep meaning to go back and explore the area a bit more. It's run on Army land but I believe that you can ride there at other times, so could just go and explore the area. I don't have a route map but someone posted the route for the last Southern XC race and I think they'll use more or less the same course as it's a fairly small area.

Ollie - Not sure about Alice Holt but I don't think there's much apart from the marked route. If you're in Farnham then you could head north and explore Caesars Camp area near Aldershot or head east towards Bourne Woods and Crooksbury Common and further out on the commons between Farnham and Godalming, which is where I normally ride.
  • Do they have any good trails at alice holt other than all the fire roads and wide paths..? Also where in borden is this event? I'm quite interested!!!

There arent many trails in Alice Holt that arent fire roads etc but you can go off track a fair bit and explore. I grew up with my house backing onto the forest so I've been round it hundreds of times and its ideal for a quick circuit to keep fit.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    This is the enduro course from last week and this is the Southern XC course, both pretty similar. At the moment you can probably follow the tyre tracks from last weekend.
  • njee20 wrote:
    This is the enduro course from last week and this is the Southern XC course, both pretty similar. At the moment you can probably follow the tyre tracks from last weekend.