Kuota Kharma 2010 any thoughts???

Lempod
Lempod Posts: 90
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
About to buy a Kuota Kharma 2010 with Ultegra groupset and Ksyruim Elite wheels for £1750. Good deal???

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    nEW?
  • Lempod
    Yes, end of line I think??
  • Lempod
    Cheers thanks. Deal seems good compared to others I've seen but would like to know more on how Kharma riders feel about the bike?!?!
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    2011 Kharma rider here. Have you ridden the bike? If so don't understand why you're asking other people's opinion. If you liked it then buy it cause its a good deal and the 2010 frame is as far as I can make out the same as the 2011 I've got. If you haven't ridden it then you're mad spending £1700 on a bike you haven't tested.

For what its worth I'm happy with mine. Compliant in the right areas to give a smooth comfortable ride but also stiff in all the right places to have a race bike feel giving more feedback than more compliant sportive bikes which I find a bit "dead" I rode it back to back with a Scott Addict and Bianchi Infinito and much preferred it to either of those.

It also looks the part as well.

Mine's here http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12730713
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    thats about what I paid for a 2009 Kharma - with Ultegra and Xero wheels.

For me its a great bike - it looks fantastic - and is a very comfortable ride. You need to put some top notch tyres on to get the most out of it
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    This is my 2010 Kharma Ultegra. It only got about 15 long rides in before it was put away for the winter. I bought it in August and paid £1700 without wheels but got ultegra pedals and 2 carbon cages thrown in for that price. The wheels I got hand built and think they really make the difference compared to the stock Giant Defy training bike wheels I have on my winter trainer.
    The frame is fantastic though and it just wants to be pushed on at all times. I enjoy climbs and in the hilly sportives up here the Kharma has excelled. This bike brought my sportive times down considerably in the 2nd half of the season (well that and some added fitness).
    I would definitely recommend it to you

977094439_Mz8fq-M.jpg
  • Lempod
    Thanks for all the advice. I will be trying the bike out sometime this week and if all is well it will be mine by next weekend!! Really looking forward after seeing all of the good feedback!1
    Thanks again
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    This is my 2010 Kharma Ultegra. It only got about 15 long rides in before it was put away for the winter. I bought it in August and paid £1700 without wheels but got ultegra pedals and 2 carbon cages thrown in for that price. The wheels I got hand built and think they really make the difference compared to the stock Giant Defy training bike wheels I have on my winter trainer.
    The frame is fantastic though and it just wants to be pushed on at all times. I enjoy climbs and in the hilly sportives up here the Kharma has excelled. This bike brought my sportive times down considerably in the 2nd half of the season (well that and some added fitness).
    I would definitely recommend it to you

977094439_Mz8fq-M.jpg

That's one great looking bike :D