Some advice needed?

markie*mark0
markie*mark0 Posts: 35
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Recently bought a frame which looks a little worse for wear, so i was thinking of getting the frame painted? my question is does it need powder coating anodizing? or is there a special process?

Also the bearings in the rear linkages are goosed so i need to buy some new ones, does anyone know where i can get these from?

thanks all

Comments

• t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    local bike shop?
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • W00DENT0P
    W00DENT0P Posts: 211
    You can get your frame painted / powder coated or Anodised (if Ally), so up to you, powder coating is probly for best bet tho.
    As said, try your local bike shop, or have a look on line, what frame is it ?
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Powder coating will be about £50 including media blasting.

Pop the pivot bearings out and get the serial numbers off the rubber seals then go to a bearing supplier (look in the yellow pages). I'd hazard a guess at them being a couple of quid each rather than the £££££s from a bike shop!
  • Its a Marin Attack Trail 2008
  • Just found out that the bearings are KP5AX. Does anyone know where i can get some from?
  • Muddy1182
    Muddy1182 Posts: 146
    Google search result 1
    http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=60039

Not sure what you should expect to pay, but its a good start.
  • Muddy1182 wrote:
    Google search result 1
    http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=60039

Not sure what you should expect to pay, but its a good start.

lol don't really want to pay £160+ for a new set of bearings though :D
  • W00DENT0P
    W00DENT0P Posts: 211
    I know its 2nd hand, but the bearings come with a lifetime guarentee, get intouch with ATB sales, they should be able to help you out, even if they won't warrenty them there not gonna be £160 !!
  • W00DENT0P wrote:
    I know its 2nd hand, but the bearings come with a lifetime guarentee, get intouch with ATB sales, they should be able to help you out, even if they won't warrenty them there not gonna be £160 !!

Like you say maybe worth a shot i'll give em a call see whats what.....