Trolls beware!

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
It will all end in tears. Yours.

Seriously though, jail for internet trolling? That strikes me as, well, a bit OTT, to say the least. And yes, I get how distressing it can be to be forced to log onto your favourite internet site and be forced to read trolls' posts with your very own eyes.

Still, on the bright side, there must be a few fellas around here who won't be sleeping so easy tonight... :mrgreen:
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    edited October 2010
    Regarding trolls, you can find them here?

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/09/full-trailer-for-andre-ovredals-troll-hunter.php

this looks bloody brilliant
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Sad news. Does this mean we can't have any more, "Anyone who doesn't wear a hammer should be hit on the bonce with a hammer!!!111!" threads? :cry:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Sad news. Does this mean we can't have any more, "Anyone who doesn't wear a hammer should be hit on the bonce with a hammer!!!111!" threads? :cry:

not really on the level of "I did your mom in the funeral parlour" though is it?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sad news. Does this mean we can't have any more, "Anyone who doesn't wear a hammer should be hit on the bonce with a hammer!!!111!" threads? :cry:

not really on the level of "I did your mom in the funeral parlour" though is it?

I bet it's put a real dampener on the banter on any cluedo forums though.
    Hat + Beard
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Better just trit-trot along then :roll:

Oh and watch out for rickerty bridges :):):)
  • Was jail really appropriate for this toss pot? I thought we had a deficit to pay off - or at least that's the mantra I hear 50 times a day from the evil coalition. Sending trolls to prison won't exactly help with downsizing the countries jails.
    Hello! I've been here over a month now.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Hmmm.... I thought "rimetosser" summed it up quite neatly.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Was jail really appropriate for this toss pot? I thought we had a deficit to pay off - or at least that's the mantra I hear 50 times a day from the evil coalition. Sending trolls to prison won't exactly help with downsizing the countries jails.

Wow, just, wow.

Any action, all be it one to protect the public, that involves spending public money is used as a toll to counter-argue the cuts... really!? What's the point of doing anything to benefit or protect the public then?

We may almost jokingly call this guy a troll but his actions are no different to people who send hate mail through peoples letterboxes or purposely telephone others and shout vile abuse at them.

What this guy did was sick, vile and deeply attacks individuals on an emotionally charged personal level . It's harrassment and given the degree he has gone to, he deserves locking away.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Was jail really appropriate for this toss pot? I thought we had a deficit to pay off - or at least that's the mantra I hear 50 times a day from the evil coalition. Sending trolls to prison won't exactly help with downsizing the countries jails.

Wow, just, wow.

Any action, all be it one to protect the public, that involves spending public money is used as a toll to counter-argue the cuts... really!? What's the point of doing anything to benefit or protect the public then?

We may almost jokingly call this guy a troll but his actions are no different to people who send hate mail through peoples letterboxes or purposely telephone others and shout vile abuse at them.

What this guy did was sick, vile and deeply attacks individuals on an emotionally charged personal level . It's harrassment and given the degree he has gone to, he deserves locking away.

+1 DDD

You'll have to excuse Electric Blue... he is on his 3rd forum profile....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow, just, wow.

+1 DDD

Wowser. You two are real law 'n' order hawks. Weird that I'm in the red corner with e_b for once.

So when you two were at school, had that little playground adage been edited:

"Sticks and stones may break my bones,
    (you'll get a custodial sentence if you do that to me though)
    but names will never harm me
    (but you'll get a custodial sentence for that too)"

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,181

+1 DDD

Did Electric Blue used to have a username connected with 'breakfast by any chance?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

+1 DDD

Did Electric Blue used to have a username connected with 'breakfast by any chance?

No. "Breakfast" was FKA Number9. You can spot his current persona a mile off: his posts are usually pieces of text he's cut and pasted from elsewhere. Or selectively quoted from. He hates cars and drivers. Quite a lot.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,181
    Fair point. So who is our new mystery troll?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

+1 DDD

No. "Breakfast" was FKA Number9. You can spot his current persona a mile off: his posts are usually pieces of text he's cut and pasted from elsewhere. Or selectively quoted from. He hates cars and drivers. Quite a lot.

Unless you have any actual evidence for that, you're trolling.

I don't hate cars, love my car, I've never posted anything about hating cars or drivers, feel free to try to prove me wrong. This thread was started to cause trouble, you're seriously comparing me with a man who posted online that he'd like to have sex with a dead child?

Have a word matey.
  • tailwindhome
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow, just, wow.

+1 DDD

Wowser. You two are real law 'n' order hawks. Weird that I'm in the red corner with e_b for once.

Bit heavy handed with the bait there old chap.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Stevo 666 wrote:

+1 DDD

Nope

To be fair I wouldn't have considered EBs original incarnation to be a troll and don't know why he was banned.
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Yep agree
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

+1 DDD

Nope

To be fair I wouldn't have considered EBs original incarnation to be a troll and don't know why he was banned.

I am not and never have been a troll, even if I do suddenly find myself arguing on the same side as Greg66 (embarrassing - though if DDD agreed with me, might be just as embarrassing tbh) - all views are expressed are my own, not my fault if so many disagree with me violently.

in answer to those who expressed disbelief at my view - not sending someone to prison isn't the same as not punishing. And IMO people who have been to prison tend to become less fit for society, not more.

Clearly though I must agree with this guys actions or I too would be knee-jerking, foaming at the mouth and shouting "send him to prison". Really? Really? Get a grip people.
    Hello! I've been here over a month now.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Greg66 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

+1 DDD

And the "strawman" always comes out eventually. A dead cert.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow, just, wow.

+1 DDD

I agree with Greg - the guy is a loser (and an offensive one) but when burglars get a slap on the wrists for their hundth offence something like this has to be put in context.
  • tailwindhome
    W1 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow, just, wow.

+1 DDD

I agree with Greg - the guy is a loser (and an offensive one) but when burglars get a slap on the wrists for their hundth offence something like this has to be put in context.

He got 18 weeks

He'll serve a fraction of that.

Seems a reasonable punishment to me.
  • W1 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow, just, wow.

+1 DDD

He went on tribute sites and posted the vilest stuff imaginable.

If someone scribbled spaffing cocks on a remembrance book they'd probably go to prison.

Plus, he's as mad as a lorry, he boasted neighbours what he'd done.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Plus, he's as mad as a lorry, he boasted neighbours what he'd done.

Lorry hater
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"