CAAD9 liquigas COMPLETE with PICS

ride_whenever
ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Here is my current project build. Cannondale CAAD9 purchased from Hurricane151 on here.

It's going to be a while before I purchase the groupset, which will be SRAM force I think, although I may possibly go for some different BB30 cranks if i find a set that will fit better.

Side on view:

5125585075_e9d42ae71f.jpg

Ritchey wet white finishing kit:

5125585901_4666a8c735.jpg

Rear wheel:

5126189796_1ae356f3cb.jpg

The spec is:

Frame: CAAD9 liquigas colours 60cm
Forks: CAAD9 liquigas colours carbon/alloy
Wheels: Handbuilt halo mercury rims on halo hubs with the supradrive rear which screams. DT DB spokes, green alloy nipple laced 16 spoke radial on the front and 24 spoke radial non-drive side 3x drive side on the rear.
Headset: FSA in white
Finishing kit: Ritchey wet white wcs kit with 44cm bars
Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo tyres in blue
Brakes: Dia compe green ano dual pivot
Seatclamp: Salsa bolted (green)
Skewers: Halo bolted (white)
Tape: FSA gel in lime green

The saddle is going to be one of these, which should be rocking up monday:

!ByRqqdg!mk~$(KGrHqQOKnEEw9FtdZVWBMRCIeC4(!~~_12.JPG

I've also got some green hudz coming for the force shifters when they arrive!

Ride

Comments

• maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Looks very smart......love the Halo wheels
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Great bike, I love the CAAD 9, great choice of wet white bars/stem/seatpost, usually I dont like them but they really suit this build.

What colour bar tape?
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    blue bartape FTW

would offset the white and green accent colours
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • ride_whenever
    If i don't like the green then i'll probably change it, but would blue bar tape go well with green hudz?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Blue bar tape and blue Arione with green stripe would make this the best looking Caad9 EVER!

But, with the saddle you have and the green tape it will still be the best looking CAAD9 ever...
  • JesseD
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GREEN-%26-WHITE-C ... 77ff3430bf

u39qs.jpg

:D

(or white which would be my preferred colour as per the liquigas team bikes)

e6ablx.jpg
  • Looking great that.

(Slight bias as I love my white Halos!)
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Boardman CX Team
    Trek 8000
    Sirrus framed 'special'

Prev: Avanti Corsa, Routens, MBK TT, homemade TT bike, Trek 990, Vitus 979 x 2, Peugeot Roubaix & er..Raleigh Arena!
  • ride_whenever
    For those of you who haven't heard a supa-drive hub they sound a bit like this except a bit more piercing IRL...
  • Oh my! Be sure to keep us updated.

I'm liking the wheels. How much would they set one back? And do they have any deeper versions?

*off to buy a new white seatpost, bars and stem*
  • Saddle arrived, it doesn't quite match the frame colour, would it be too shallow to send it back/sell on second hand and get a new one in white?
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Saddle arrived, it doesn't quite match the frame colour, would it be too shallow to send it back/sell on second hand and get a new one in white?

No, that's commendable attention to detail. All white Arione FTW! This has potential to look excellent. I will be keeping an eye on it. Lime green bar tape for me, and green Hudz. A nice contrast with the all white finishing kit/saddle. Looking good so far. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Anyone want a white and acid green arione then?
  • White Line wrote:
    Oh my! Be sure to keep us updated.

I'm liking the wheels. How much would they set one back? And do they have any deeper versions?

*off to buy a new white seatpost, bars and stem*

Not sure what the OPs handbuilt wheelset with the upgraded rear hub cost but my factory built Halo Mercurys cost me £195 (sale at Harry Hall Cycles). They don't have blingy bladed spokes but they are light and stiff so I can't complain!

Halo don't offer a deeper rim in white. I've seen others available from other manufacturers (aimed at the fixie market) but they were significantly heavier than the Mercurys.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Boardman CX Team
    Trek 8000
    Sirrus framed 'special'

Prev: Avanti Corsa, Routens, MBK TT, homemade TT bike, Trek 990, Vitus 979 x 2, Peugeot Roubaix & er..Raleigh Arena!
  • I did pm the gentleman about the halo wheels I built, if anyone wants info/something similar feel free to pm me!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Loving the white seatpost, stem and spacers and rims. Thinking of having a white DTSwiss RR1850 - which I minced with a chain - re-built having bought a replacement for my Wilier but I'd probably need a white rimmed front (DT factory wheels are mental prices now :roll:).
  • Loving the look of this so far…

Bikes look great without the groupset on!

Anywho, Where did you manage to find some wet white spacers?

Thinking about getting the wet white stem (definitely am now) and would therefore obviously require matching spacers, and probably headset to boot.

Great work.

Almost as mad as ride_whenever's Inbred!
    Up: Wilier Mortirolo
    Down: Orange Patriot
  • JesseD
    UPDATE PLEASE :?:
  • White spacers I got from the distributor, but I've got a few spare so pm me if you're interested in a few. I can measure how many I have tonight.

I've just ordered a force groupset, so the next update should be very soon!!!!! Need to chase up the green (and possibly some blue just in case) hudz and some blue cables.
  • very pretty :D
    strange choice of pedals, cranks would look nicer silver or white. everything else SUPERB
  • ride_whenever
    Pedals a because i've got some top end sidi mtb shoes and want to have the same pedals across all my bikes. I'd have loved some green anodized cranks but finding a BB30 set was a bit of a nightmare!
  • i know what you mean about matching pedals
    its a shame CB no longer make road pedals
    when i learnt that CB were stopping the manufacture of road pedals a couple years back i bought loads of them, the quattros are still some of the prettiest pedals around, looks like nothing else on the market and allows me to use mtb shoes on days where i need to do some walking.

if you are set on green cranks, get them sprayed at a car paint shop, shouldnt cost very much and you can colour match to the exacy shade you want.
  • JesseD
    Very nice apart from something is bothering me about the side shots, from the front and the ariel shot of the bars it looks great but from the side I am not sure.

I think needs either white bar tape or a completely green saddle to balance it out a bit. I'd like the green touches like the green brakes and bottle cages, and dont spray the cranks as the carbon ties in the tyres and the brake/shifter levers.
  • Speachless. Stunning colour scheme.

Really is a head turner
  • Bill-87
    Bill-87 Posts: 155
    Oh my good god, that is something else. Well played. 8)
  • ride_whenever
    I've been thinking... these in green to pick out the crank logos and turn them green...