Mystery aches & pains

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Sport and injuries generally tend to go hand in hand, what I don't understand is the never ending list of mystery pains.

for example;

Woke up this morning and my left elbow and the bottom of the tricep hurts, why!?
Likewise for a couple of days I have a deep ache in the left thigh when under pressure - okay so that could be cycling related but still, I though exercise was supposed to be GOOD for you.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    itboffin wrote:
    Sport and injuries generally tend to go hand in hand, what I don't understand is the never ending list of mystery pains.

for example;

Woke up this morning and my left elbow and the bottom of the tricep hurts, why!?

anything to do with last night's house full of women?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    will3 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

for example;

anything to do with last night's house full of women?

I wish, besides with my duff shoulder I wouldn't be much use :cry:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited October 2010
    The healthiest I've ever felt was when I stopped running/cycling/squash/football for about a month!
  • I've cycled over 50 miles in the last 2 days and my cycling legs are good for another 25 today.

However, the most painful and exhausting thing I've done all week was walk about 1 mile, if that, just now. It the cycling's getting me fitter, how comes I can't walk any more?
  • @DM your muscles are getting too used to the position they're needed for cycling :lol: when walking things move differently so that could be why there's pain. as for it being exhausting...dunno!