your fave mtb thing??

2»

Comments

• andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    my fave thing when out and baout is swoopy wide berms.

my fave thing about mountain biking overall is fettling bikes. honestly, i like it more than riding.
    Good call on both counts there. I built a fast, swooping S last time I was out with our local trail group and it's one of my favourite local bits now. And I love tweaking my bike too. I reckon it's because the Bionicon is so nice to work on, especially when it's with really, really nice Beta tools. I know it's geeky but they genuinely make the process more enjoyable.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    hammy7272 wrote:
    I know what you mean. I had a similar exeperience at Glentress on the magic mushroom bit (no i hadn't consumed any!) I remember everything feeling just right the ground was hard and dusty and the low summer sun was streaking through the trees. I just thought this is it.

Heh, that's not exactly what I was talking about but, I've had exactly that and on Magic Mushroom too... One of my first visits and tbh I wasn't really good enough to fully enjoy the trails as I do now but on the bit where you ride along the edge of the wee gully with the stream in, then round the curved bridge, it was just exactly what you say- the light was streaming through the trees, the colours all seemed so vivid, everything suddenly felt so much more real and solid, something about the light and the concentration I guess. That was me falling in love with mountain biking again I think. I couldn't decide how to describe it though, one second I'd say hallucinogenic, the next I'd say it was like everything else wasn't real but this was.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    that sounds so hippyish i almost puked in my mouth. please dont do that again.
  • Northwind
    Next time I do it I'll do it with extra peace and love just to make sure you spew
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Northwind wrote:
    Next time I do it I'll do it with extra peace and love just to make sure you spew

HIPPY!!!!!!!!!

I'm scared of riding with you again especially since you had one of your 'moments' with me :lol:
  • Northwind
    I need to lose some more gears to be a proper biking hippy :lol: And grow a big mad Ed Oxley beard.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Favourite thing to do? Hippy bashing!
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Overtaking on descents.

Massive ego boast.

For no other reason.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I think The Flow™ is the best. I feel like going home when it's not there.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Just having fun on my bike really. Can't pick a favourite.
  • boneyjoe
    boneyjoe Posts: 369
    - no cars
    - more varied / challenging than road
    - learning new skills, pushing the limits on the technical stuff
    - not crashing too badly (the odd one is inevitable)
    - the feeling of utter exhaustion and relief at the end of a race!
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • Northwind
    edited November 2010
    What's the exact opposite of The Flow? We did a descent in France that was basically No Flow, just a series of big rock gardens, ledges, wee steps, right angled corners, fiddly balancey bits, too-tight steep switchbacks... even a bit of pedal ratcheting along ledges where you couldn't pedal because the left pedal would bash the rock. And it was bloody brilliant. Flow's become the holy grail and I totally get that but sometimes it's nice to just pick your way down a hill one foot at a time. Nobody cleared this ba****d, not even the guides :lol: Also it took a very long time to burn up just a couple of hundred metres or altitude.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    For me its the days when your 'in the zone' - everything just comes naturally, the bike almost becomes an extension of your self and nothing is problem.

It doesn't happen enough for me at the moment though lol
  • rudedog wrote:
    For me its the days when your 'in the zone' - everything just comes naturally, the bike almost becomes an extension of your self and nothing is problem.

It doesn't happen enough for me at the moment though lol
    +1. Don't know how or why, some days I'm great (in my book) others not so. Tried to think why some days just work but can't put my finger on it
  • My fav has to be descending the final section of Whites level at afan, where everything just comes together, off the brakes, flowing over the bumps, turning smoothly. Just you and your bike in complete harmony.
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop