markyone Posts: 1,119
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
which tape is best tufo or jantex?
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I arranged a fight between the two and jantex came out top. However, other peoples' fights may have varied.
  • markyone
    whats the tyres like to get off with the jantex nap cheers
  • Anonymous
    Fine, had no problems when all the air is let out, comes away from the rim without leaving residue or pulling anything from the wheel itself...
  • markyone
    thanks for that cheers
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I use both - IME Tufo is better for carbon rims or where you have old glue reside because if copes better with an uneven surface - you can peel it cleanly off the carbon rim too. I also like the plastic backing tape - getting the paper tape off the Jantex cleanly can be a faff. The good thing about Jantex is its easy to find and half the price of Tufo.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • SteK
    SteK Posts: 148
    Agree with Monty Dog's statement!

+ 1 Jantex on price.

- 1 Jantex on that *sigh* of disappointment when you tear the backing tape pulling it out from under the mounted tyre.
  • Anonymous
    Indeed, the backing tape on Jantex can tear a bit too easily but I have finally got a technique that seems to minimise this. The last two tubs I fitted it didn't tear but when it does, it's freaking annoying! It never tears cleanly either, always at a ridiculous angle.

Tufo is easier to fit but harder to remove (and eckspensieve.)