Off topic, but I ran the Great South Run on Sunday!!

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited November 2010 in Women
I know this is running not MTBing, but yep, my partners sister (if that makes sense!) and I ran in the BUPA Great South Run on Sunday raising money for Cancer Research UK :D

It's been flipping hard keeping up with all the running training on top of MTBing, life etc, but am dead pleased with my time... I was expecting 1 hour 40, thinking *maybe* I could pull it out the bag for 1 hout 30, and my final time was 1 hour 27 mins!! :D:D

I reallt am NOT one of life's natural runners (I actually don't really enjoy it!), but I wanted a proper challenge rather than one that you can already easily achieve. Just goes to show what can be achieved when you put your mind to it!!!

Anyway, back to MTBing now....... (although I may be tempted by a 10k next year :wink: )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• xterra
    xterra Posts: 117
    Fantastic and well done - - just get some swimming under your belt and who knows but off road Triathlons could be your thing :-)