Sherwood Pines Parking.

Ballynottingham
Ballynottingham Posts: 5
edited October 2010 in Routes
Anyone got any suggestions for parking near pines where the car is less likely to get done over.

Went for a night ride last night, parked over at Edwinstow and biked in, then found out the usual carpark by Sherwood Pines Cycles was actually open. A little bad language was then heard, apparently the carpark will definately be closed next week at 6pm so looking for an alternative- bike friendly pub that sort of thing.

Cheers.

Comments

• There is a pub nearby the entrance road into Pines but I cant vouch if it is biker friendly or not but id imagine they would get some biker trade because of the location - go past the entrance with it on your left, carry on down the hill, under the railway bridge and its on your left - its called 'The Duck and Dog' I think.

Perhaps give them a call? Whats the worst that could happen :)
  • MJR31
    MJR31 Posts: 9
    I've seen quite a few bikes being unloaded at the dog and duck, theres a bit of an overflow carpark round the back and NCN Route 6 goes through the carpark and goes into pines under the railway bridge at the bottom of the downhill section. Another option is to park at South forest leisure centre. Theres a bridleway opposite their car park that you can follow to the edge of centreparcs then turn right and it takes you straight into pines as well.
  • Cheers for that. Forgot about the track by Centre Parcs. Think I'll try the pub on the cross roads opposite the Leisure Centre.

I've been in the Dog and Duck before and it's a bit like Wilkos at Christmas with their decorations, but a carparks a carpark eh! Even though I've been on the Dog & Duck bridleway through the carpark serveral times to Pines, buggered it up last night and missed the turn by the railway and carried on towards Ransom Woods. Eventually stopped using the force and dug out the SatNav. More swearing was had at that point.