dh at university

shieldsy94
shieldsy94 Posts: 342
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Hey hey

im going university in 2 years and am in the process of narrowing down my options. Ive noticed a few universities hold dh clubs (it was in mbuk a few months ago) and was wondering if anyone knows of any

[/img][/list]

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    choose your uni based on your course, not the local riding.
  • Oh dont worry i am, already narrowed it down with subjects at a few and wondering what peopld mention
  • "people"
  • "people"
  • choose your uni based on the local riding, not the course.

You wont get a job with your degree so you may as well have fun while you're there. :wink:
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    It should be pretty easy to find out if any of your short list of unis has a club, google is your friend.

Cardiff had one when I worked there.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why not just skip Uni altogether, get a proper job, then you can AFFORD to go riding.
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Why not just skip Uni altogether, get a proper job, then you can AFFORD to go riding.

+1!!! :lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Virtually every uni in the country has an MTB club, and if it doesn't (mine didn't when I started), it took 3 of us to set one up, it's not particularly difficult.

The BUCS races are great, you have to go to one!
  • _HENDO_
    _HENDO_ Posts: 93
    As above, chose best uni for you, then if it doesn't have a mtb club u can set one up.
    For professional MTB & BMX coaching, training & guiding!
    www.pedaltoprogression.com
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    Plymouth Uni runs an urban downhill race through the campus :)
  • Wish they had a mountain bike club at my Uni, no real point starting one now, Im in my final year - I have had plenty of opportunity though I suppose having been there for 7 years, although i have only been riding for 2 years

What course are you planning on doing and what are you narrowed down Uni choices? At least we might be able to comment on local riding?
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    hoochylala wrote:
    Wish they had a mountain bike club at my Uni, no real point starting one now, Im in my final year - I have had plenty of opportunity though I suppose having been there for 7 years, although i have only been riding for 2 years

What course are you planning on doing and what are you narrowed down Uni choices? At least we might be able to comment on local riding?

Where you at uni?

Oh and shieldsy just search for a university mountain bike club in google and then look at the forums etc to see what sort of stuff goes on.