psymon Posts: 1,562
edited October 2010 in The Crudcatcher
today i mostly saw this...
73042_452902894206_501389206_5148860_3750279_n.jpg

its biiiiiggggg!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nah, it barely looks any bigger than the 4x4.
    Now, that Emirates airliner though, THAT is big :lol:
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    What sorta plane will I be going on from manchester to sanford (u.s)?

I'm guessing a large one but any ideas?
  • psymon
    oh i didnt see that bad boy.
    its supposed to be a really out of focus shot of a chain link fence, all arty like. but its been spoiled by a massive plane.
  • psymon
    747 or 777
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    What sorta plane will I be going on from manchester to sanford (u.s)?

Rather depends on who you're flying with, although as above a 777 or 747 is likely it could be an A340 or a 767.

A380s look wrong, squashed. 744's look much nicer.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Thomas Cook
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    edited October 2010
    Antonov. This is one huge plane.

Antanov2.JPG

An-124-300x196.jpg

antonov-graph.jpg
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Anonymous
    psymon wrote:
    oh i didnt see that bad boy.
    its supposed to be a really out of focus shot of a chain link fence, all arty like. but its been spoiled by a massive plane.
    :lol:
  • Its a shame you don't see more Anatovs flying around,am I right in thinking they only built 1 or 2.As for the A380 its just "plane"ugly
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Anonymous
    Its a shame you don't see more Anatovs flying around
    Not really. We get so little sunshine as it is in this country, the last thing we need is huge things flying round the skies blocking out even more sun.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Those Anatov's are nuts.... The A380 is Mahoosive as well..... I love the way Airbus's big, new super plane is just massive... and Boeing's is actually pretty small, but very,very fast* and very light, and very fuel efficient, and very carbon fibre. Oh, and very cool, way more so than that ugly beast that is the A380!

* Still nothing on the Concorde. RIP that majestic, dropped nose beauty!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Spruce Goose:

H-4_HERCULES_spruce_goose%20(3).jpg

Carbon fibre too...
  • psymon
    have you seen the aviator?

good film, and a facinating man.
  • Anonymous
    I can't find it anywhere on google, but I saw something on "Massive machines" or something like that on Discovery, about some absolutely enormous plane the Russians (IIRC) sort of built once. it was basically built as a show of force, and to scare the crap out of the yanks who would see it from their spyplanes.
    I'm sure it said that the Antanov 225's fuselage would fit inside it four times over, or something totally ludicrous.
    It never flew though and it's immense weight meant it sank into the ground after a few days :shock:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I've always liked the Airbus A300-600ST 'Beluga' that they fly wings around in, not actually that big, as it's basically an A300, just nicely mental.

800px-A300-600ST_1_New_Colour.JPG
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'se seen the 'Beluga' climbing out of Filton airfield in the past and even from a few miles downstream it is huge. The A380 is hhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeeee, I saw it when it did a fly-past over Filton on it's debut UK flight and I was further away from it than the Beluga sighting and it was even bigger.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Anonymous
    Looks like a Boeing with hydroencephalitis :lol:
  • The Antonov 225 is the daddy....

topcomparison.jpg

profilecomparison.jpg
  • on thing:bring back Concorde,I still think it was the most amazing aircraft of all time.
    That anatov is something else and it looks way better than the airbus beluga
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    edited October 2010
    I can't find it anywhere on google, but I saw something on "Massive machines" or something like that on Discovery, about some absolutely enormous plane the Russians (IIRC) sort of built once. it was basically built as a show of force, and to scare the crap out of the yanks who would see it from their spyplanes.
    I'm sure it said that the Antanov 225's fuselage would fit inside it four times over, or something totally ludicrous.
    It never flew though and it's immense weight meant it sank into the ground after a few days :shock:

I think i know what you're talking about, it actually came up on my Stumbleupon yesterday but i can't find it! The engines were monted high and well forward of the wings, 3 on each side.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur
  • BlackSpur
    edited October 2010
    double post fail
  • Anonymous
    That is big, but I don't think it was the one I saw. I might be mistaken, since it was years ago, but I'm almost certain this was an aircraft, not a ground-effect thingummy.
  • BlackSpur
    double post fail
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    BlackSpur wrote:
    that is scary, its like someone has commisioned a sketch from the mental kid that everyone had in their school? can you imagine flying at 3 meters off the ground at god know what speed in that thing???
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
    360 Posts: 5,940
    That is big, but I don't think it was the one I saw. I might be mistaken, since it was years ago, but I'm almost certain this was an aircraft, not a ground-effect thingummy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beriev_Be-2500 ?

4 times the weight of an an225, they're going to build it too!
  • Anonymous
    Those rooskies don't do things by half, eh?
  • That flying russian fortress was absolutely hideous, I wouldn't even want to see it in real life. On the other hand that first russian plane that's all weird looking I would love to see. Looks like something I drew as a kid!
  • Anonymous
    Well, the Apache gunship is also hideous in the extreme. BUT, when it's coming for you, you're not meant to think "oooh, pretty", you're meant to think
    "AAAARGH, FUUUUUUGGG, RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

:lol: