I keep doing this. Bah

Simonb256
Simonb256 Posts: 880
edited October 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Ok,

I bought a load of bike bits recently. Everything I have not recieved except one item which I bought from Lakies (the only item ordered from there).

Now am I being that unreasonable by being annoyed by this:
I ordered the item nearly 2 weeks ago. I have not heard any word off them except when I chase.

The first time I chased they told me they would see whats going on. Never heard back.

Second time I called was today, the guy said he would phone the Distributer and see whats going on. The guy was really helpful and he did call back an hour later to tell me that the Distributor is closed on wednesdays.

I know its only a £70 part, but I'm kind of annoyed that it feels like I'm doing all the leg work for it.

Now I consistantly find this happening at Lakies, and I dont know wether its because they don't feel like chasing single item orders and expect me to just patiently wait, or is it my own fault for only using Lakies now for the more obscure parts? Or even both?

It is worth mentioning that the other LBS managed to get me a custom made track chainring from France in Three days. Which is pretty impressive to me.
"War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984

Comments

• the LBS stuff is impressive for sure

as for the lakies being poor, ring them tomorrow again when the distributor is open and point out that 2 weeks is too long to wait. i ended up ringing CRC today about my X.9 Mech i sent back 2 weeks ago. they said that they hadnt recieved the 2 emails i had sent them about it, apologised, and said they would send me a new 1 if that was okay

so hopefully lakies will do the same, and if not, say youll take your business elsewhere.
  • Simonb256
    But Im already phoning them. They promised me they would call the distributor tomorrow. But I won't hold my hopes up. So might see if the Distributor will talk to me (they trade as a normal shop as opposed to the likes of CSG etc).

I dont mind waiting but I would like to be informed of WTH is going on. Thats the only things thats annoying me at the moment.
  • Simonb256
    Ok update:

Still no word from Lakies, however I phoned Sideways Cycles who Lakies ordered through and they said I'll have to wat til the end of November. This is fine by me, as it means I can do all my upgrades at once.

I realise this comes accross that I have been ranting for no good reason. However, it's not the wait that's bothering me, 6weeks for an obscure part is fine IMO. However its the lack of communication.

I do tend to get wound up at bad service too easily, and the same that I get carried away with good service, like the exceptionally good service I got from HubJub this week.