Nottingham?

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited October 2010 in The Crudcatcher
What's there to do including Mountain biking etc in Nottingham, think I might be up there quite a bit
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    It's really good on the piss and there's loads of comedy clubs.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Aye, good night out. Sme good places to eat...

Nearby there's Sherwood forest which, I have to say, is a bit poo for the old mountain biking. Good little DH/dirt jump playing area though, if you want to wile away an hour.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    From what I remember when my mates went to university there, the female:male student ratio is about 3:1.

Just putting it out there...

Bahahahaha.... this is so untrue.

Riding wise, you're less than a hour from the Peaks, you have Sherwood Pines and various other little woodland loops. If you like the jumpy stuff, there's a decent trails culture and at either ends of the city a 4x cross track and a very good and nicely maintained BMX track. Plenty enough nearby to keep you entertained. There is also a decent selection of IBD's to keep you in stock of shiny new bits.

There's two big cinemas, plus a really good independent one. Plenty of pubs, clubs and comedy clubs so you'll have a decent night out
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    One word you need to know "Hooters"

That is all
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    From what I remember when my mates went to university there, the female:male student ratio is about 3:1.

About 10 years ago this was almost true but due to this rumour going around for the past decade it is no longer true - in fact is probably gone the other way with there being far more blokes than women out there.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    One word you need to know "Hooters"

That is all

:lol: this is irrelevant, I don't think the missus would take kindly to me 'looking' for women in such a manner
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    projectsome
    Shhhhh no one ever has to know, i find that a trilby and a long mack helps?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    It's the knife capital of the country if that helps? Rock City is a great live venue though, one of the smallest places where you still regularly get "big" bands.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    That myth about the ratios was around 20 years ago ( :shock: ) when I was at university there. It only applied to locals as well, definitely wasn't the case on campus. Oh there's lots of students in Nottingham. Countryside is pretty pants for riding although mountain biking had only jsut been invented when I was there.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • The Trip to Jerusalem is a great little pub.