How do you wear your 'cheap Buff neck type thing'?

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Following on from the other thread and knowing there are a plethora of ways to keep your bonce warm with a Buff...how do you wear yours?

I like to be Bandana man with mine.

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    round me neck, rolled up to stop icy wind getting down into my hunky body

No bandanas, the head is warmed by the lovely attractive come here laydeeez skull cap :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Briefly! I always find them too hot after a few moments.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Round neck usually going over my nose, then skull cap keeping head warm

just have gap where my eyes are for clear glasses so the cold dont touch my face
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Pirate skull cap stylee
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Yesterday I wore it balaclava style but I felt a bit like a bearded version of this chap...

n44916339915_2706.jpg

will be switching to one round the neck and another in skull cap configuration now I have multiple ones.
    Hat + Beard
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    Balaclava style if i need to cover my ears, other wise it just sits round my neck!
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • cycling+ buff acquired. smug grin as it was the last copy in my local shop and I think someone else wanted it....sorry!! :lol:
    bonus is it's red (and white).

I wear one round neck, one over head when it's chilly. really don't care if I look silly.
    EDIT: one round my neck is used to pull over chin/mouth/nose depending on chill factor
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I just wear mine round the neck, skull cap (or camp cap) keeps my head warm.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    It is possible to wear one buff round your neck/face and over your head at the same time, ninja style.

Have a look on their website for loads of different ways to "configure" your buff.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • I go with round my neck when it's really cold. When it's really bastard cold, I pull the back up to the top of my head so it covers my ears, then hold it in place with a skull-cap. Can't stand breathing through them, though, no matter how cold it is, so the front is always under my chin.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I go with round my neck when it's really cold. When it's really bastard cold, I pull the back up to the top of my head so it covers my ears, then hold it in place with a skull-cap. Can't stand breathing through them, though, no matter how cold it is, so the front is always under my chin.

Ditto - except I use my helmet rather than a skull cap. I can't breathe through the buff whatever I try so it stays just on the chin.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Round the neck with a skull cap on top. I have in the past worn it balaclava style but that was during a hail storm before I had the skull cap.

Ps: mine is a genuine buff I paid real money for. More fool me.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Around the neck, maybe pulled up around the mouth and cheeks.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Around the neck. Pull it up if we've stopped and it's chilly.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • I can't find mine.... It is a really nice Shutt one too.... :cry:
  • I can't find mine....

Have you checked all the places mentioned in this thread...head, neck etc....

You never know! :D
  • I can't find mine....

Have you checked all the places mentioned in this thread...head, neck etc....

You never know! :D

:lol::lol::lol:
  • I've taken to wearing mine like a headband, to keep the wind out of my ears. Unfortunately, being a camou design, off the bike I look like a little kid trying to be rambo :cry:

I don't like it over my nose or mouth at all, as I'm quite a fan of breathing oxygen ...
    Souped-Up Trek Hybrid ( Clipless & Skinnies - FCN 6 )

Regularly humbled by the RP3LC, and the FG temptation is getting too much.