Where is everyone?

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited October 2010 in The Crudcatcher
The crudbox seems a bit empty lately?
have the numbers crumbled due to laying in ditches with their heads facing backwards?
people forget about their iron horses as soon as the summers over?
Holidays?
What ????
Kazza the Tranny
Now for sale Fatty

Comments

• Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    Nobody here but us chickens.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    my bloody job has got in the way of getting out riding. working 14+ hours a day 7 days a week sucks balls :(

i need a new job
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    I've noticed the difference between the amount of people on here between now and before I worked away.

Oh, and I'm in the shit hole that is Bordon (for 2 more weeks then moving to Abingdon near Oxford
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    *looks around*

I'm not here, you haven't seen me right... :wink:

*runs away*

Seriously, it's half term, so half of the "day staff" are looking after their loved ones. The other half are looking after their kids...

Me, I'm here, but am completely washed out today after having blood taken this morning - don't know why it effects me as badly as it does, but I'll be spending the day watching crappy TV. Might have another go at finishing Assissin's creed, but getting fu**ed off with trying to kill of one of the last targets...

I also need to research the purchase of a new "every day" knife after I snapped the blade on my old one. :cry:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Boy Lard wrote:
    Nobody here but us chickens.
    Lol not heard that in ages !

We need a Colinchav it 4xJ to feed us for a while? Emo kid needs to up his game?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev

I also need to research the purchase of a new "every day" knife after I snapped the blade on my old one. :cry:

does it have to be a knife? i have a leatherman blast which has more functions than just a knife alone :D
  • El Capitano
    Oh, and I'm in the shoot hole that is Bordon

You're not wrong, I lived there for a couple of years in the 80's. It was crap then... Although I'd have thought the'd be some good riding to be had in the surrounding forests? I hadn't progressed to MTBing when I was there, was just a roadie...
  • El Capitano
    welshkev wrote:

does it have to be a knife? i have a leatherman blast which has more functions than just a knife alone :D

Yep. Needs to be a knife, single blade, lockable and slimline. I already have a Ti Leatherman (somewhere, haven't seen it in ages) and a Gerber (which I prefer to the Leatherman) multitools and a stupidly wide Swiss Army Knife what's got almost as many tools.

Looking at something by either Kershaw or SOG at the moment.
  • hbrashaw
    hbrashaw Posts: 286
    Icarusgreen
    My Grandad lives in Abingdon, it's a nice place, I hope you like it.

And where is everyone?
    even the trails are empty at the moment :?
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    welshkev wrote:

Yep. Needs to be a knife, single blade, lockable and slimline. I already have a Ti Leatherman (somewhere, haven't seen it in ages) and a Gerber (which I prefer to the Leatherman) multitools and a stupidly wide Swiss Army Knife what's got almost as many tools.

Looking at something by either Kershaw or SOG at the moment.

Have a look at Opinel.. French, with beautiful wood handles, and a great locking mechanism.... pretty good blade too... I have the No.7 (carving blade) I also have a fixed blade 5 inch carving knife (can remember who makes it) from Ray Mears site... its not his official one (too expensive) but his recommended one aside from his own... its swiss, very,very sharp, and has a top blade.

I was into the Bushcraft thing for a while....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • El Capitano
    This would be part of my current collection:

CakeSlices.jpg

4th from top on the left is the one I snapped the blade on. You'll also notice, I already have an Opinel which isn't really thin enough for every day use/carrying.
  • welshkev
    This would be part of my current collection:

CakeSlices.jpg

4th from top on the left is the one I snapped the blade on. You'll also notice, I already have an Opinel which isn't really thin enough for every day use/carrying.

remind me not to make you angry :wink::lol:
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I am a psycho

Fixed it for you :wink:

Seriously - what in gods name do you need that lot for?!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I'm still at mrs g's mums, back to wolves tommorrow :cry:

really hate leaving welshland
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I'm still sat at work.

Just entered the 2 hour December race at Thetford, and I'm currently admiring our HR rep. She's like a 5ft11 version of the wife in a better body and 4 inch heels.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Capitano
    I am a psycho

I find they are most practicle when someone needs to be left in a ditch with their head pointing backwards...
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I am a psycho

I find they are most practicle when someone needs to be left in a ditch with their head pointing backwards...

OK. Fair enough. I thought they were more the tools for leaving someone in a variety of skips around town. Head backwards in a ditch only really needs strong hands and a limited moral compass.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Well i'm still here, was quietly on holiday last week instead of skiving at work :p
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    **waves** I'm here for now.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

Some people aren't manly enough to do their killin' with their bare hands, like god intended.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I've been in somewhat of a sh*tty mood of late so have been lurking without posting but all good now....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    I've been feeling dull, so no posting for me :) A little bit busy with work as well, surprisingly!
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Nice collection El Cap! Though I retract the ride invitation unless you promise not to bring any of those.....! :shock: :wink:

:lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • IcarusGreen
    Oh, and I'm in the shoot hole that is Bordon

You're not wrong, I lived there for a couple of years in the 80's. It was crap then... Although I'd have thought the'd be some good riding to be had in the surrounding forests? I hadn't progressed to MTBing when I was there, was just a roadie...

That's the only redeeming thing about the area, I can get the bike out of the shed and go blast though the woods, and since that army's been making me run through those woods (on and off) for 10 yrs, I know them like the back of my hands.

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • IcarusGreen
    hbrashaw wrote:
    Icarusgreen
    My Grandad lives in Abingdon, it's a nice place, I hope you like it.

Know any good trails or clubs in the area?

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • hbrashaw
    hbrashaw Posts: 286
    Swinley forest is about 45 minutes from abingdon,with great singletrack, jumps, short dh runs but i don't know if theres much else around there.
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    El Cap, one of the best 'every day' knives I've had was an Aitor Light lock knife, but I am unable to find it on the net.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I feel a bit shit so I'm not on much at the moment.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    buy yourself some pink stuff, I'm sure you'll feel better.
  • El Capitano
    Andy wrote:
    I feel a bit shoot so I'm not on much at the moment.

Aids or Worms?