which bike is best

billymccrone
billymccrone Posts: 2
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
can you guys help i am buying a new bike but cant make up my mind between a boardman hybrid team or trek 7.5 hybrid both are same price wood like to hear your advice thanks billy

Comments

• MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    This might not sound very helpful, but of those two the best one will be the one you like the best! If you can take a spin on them you might find you prefer one to the other, and if not just get the one you like the look of most!

That said, there are a few differences. The discs on the Boardman will be great for stopping, but IMO they also make the bike more attractive to thieves and will probably make it difficult to fit proper mudguards. If it's for sort of leisure or road riding rather than commuting then these things might not matter to you though- just depends what you want it for.
  • alright lads (and lasses), just registered 5 mins ago as i'm after some advice on a decent road bike. started triathlon training around 3 month ago and love it, (too many football injuries). i've been training on a dawes giro 400. want to upgrade already to a carbon frame. want to spent approx £1000. the PLANET X sounds great.
    any advice is welcome,
    also its the pro carbon sl SRAM red one
    cheers
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    headsy75 wrote:
    alright lads (and lasses), just registered 5 mins ago as i'm after some advice on a decent road bike. started triathlon training around 3 month ago and love it, (too many football injuries). i've been training on a dawes giro 400. want to upgrade already to a carbon frame. want to spent approx £1000. the PLANET X sounds great.
    any advice is welcome,
    cheers

welcome, start a new thread with as much detail as possible about the type of riding you do
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    can you guys help i am buying a new bike but cant make up my mind between a boardman hybrid team or trek 7.5 hybrid both are same price wood like to hear your advice thanks billy

As the other reply says, see if you can compare the rides. I'd edge towards the Trek
  • alright lads (and lasses), just registered 5 mins ago as i'm after some advice on a decent road bike. started triathlon training around 3 month ago and love it, (too many football injuries). i've been training on a dawes giro 400. want to upgrade already to a carbon frame. want to spent approx £1000. the PLANET X sounds great.
    any advice is welcome,

at the moment i'm just training myself. go out on bike twice a week and do about 20- 25 klm each time, as the triathlon i want to do first is the sprint distance one, (20klm bike ride). loving getting into cycling, but its driving me crazy searching EBAY, then checking feedback on net of each bike.
    cheers
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    That"s not a new thread
  • i dont know what a thread is or how to do it :roll: took me ages to find this again
    help, i'm a technibobe ha
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    [/quote]i dont know what a thread is or how to do it took me ages to find this again

look a little down on the left and you'll see a box saying 'new topic', hit that, make a title and away you go. I'm sure people would love to help.
  • I had a Boardman Team (until some little scrote stole it) and couldn't fault it. No probs sticking on mudguards. Good luck.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • headsy75 wrote:
    i dont know what a thread is or how to do it :roll: took me ages to find this again

To headsy75...

Do this... google bikeradar to get the Home page; click on Forum - then Road - then Road Beginners - then New Topic. Put in your topic in the Subject field the type away in the big box below that. Scroll down and hit Submit. People will help. Good luck.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    headsy75 wrote:
    i dont know what a thread is or how to do it :roll: took me ages to find this again
    or just plain rude ...
  • thanks for the replies, not sure if i get the 'or just plain rude quote' but i'll send i new topic and hope i get some good advise
    cheers mark