Tonights Darwin award wannabee

chuckcork
chuckcork Posts: 1,471
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
On the way home tonight in a not very well lit street in New Malden, I pass going the other way the outline of some guy on a mountain bike, no lights, no reflectors, hoody up, riding no hands and talking into a mobile phone.

Any bets on how long it might be before he improves the species by removing himself from the gene pool?
'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Like the peds who wander everywhere suffering sensory deprivation from their ipods - quite fun to ride up behind them and pass close enough for the to feel the wind :twisted:
  • Like the peds who wander everywhere suffering sensory deprivation from their ipods - quite fun to ride up behind them and pass close enough for the to feel the wind :twisted:

This is fun til one of them steps into you. I got wiped out by a bike ninja kid on a BMX when I was doing 25 mph, and a week and a half later, I still can't ride.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    chuckcork wrote:
    Any bets on how long it might be before he improves the species by removing himself from the gene pool?

I suspect he'll actually never be involved in any type of incident and go on to lead a long and fruitful life! Very few people come a cropper on the roads. :)
    Still breathing.....
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Passed about 6 people with no lights last night, one of whom was negotiating Vauxhall at 6:30 or so, and 2 that were weaving in and out if traffic in Battersea clad completely in black. Moronic.
  • Like the peds who wander everywhere suffering sensory deprivation from their ipods - quite fun to ride up behind them and pass close enough for the to feel the wind :twisted:

until a car does the same to a tuned out cyclist and then they're scum on here.

just saying like.

quite agree though travelling along with your ears plugged is f//g stupid
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    TBH, the ninja's will be fine - somehow motorists seem to miss them. Loads caught out on my commute this morning, raining, heavy clouds, very dark............lots of ninja's in black bumbling along in the gutter, wobbling through red lights. Some with lights, not switched on, some with lights that were poor.

Tis life.............