I cried like a girl: glasses advice please

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited October 2010 in Commuting general
Just rode into work (I mostly work evenings and my commute involves setting off around 6.00pm) and because of the cold weather the tears were flowing. I was wondering if some clear lensed glasses might help and if so, what you guys would recommend? I used to have some Oakley Half Jackets with interchangeable lenses, but I left them on the wall outside my house and they were quickly nabbed. I actually wasn't that impressed with them anyway, but given my loss, a cheaper pair in the future might be an idea.

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    If you look in the 'Thred to tell people what you've just bought' in Commuting Chat someone has just bought some Bolle safety glasses that look the business.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Thank you sir! Ordered some already. What a great find!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    +1 for the Bolle Viper safety glasses.

Less than a fiver each, no frame to obscure your vision, no distorting lens, wraparound so no more tears.

I have clear ones for night time/overcast weather and smoke ones for sunny days.

Actually I lied. My smoke ones fell out of my pocket about 2 months ago (why wasn't I using the neck strap I have asked myself many times) so I need to replace them.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!