fitting valve extenders

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited October 2010 in Workshop
anyone advise on fitting valve extenders?do you take the valve core out completly then screw on extender have extenders coming this week, and without not having them in my hand yet cant see how they work.
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The best ones are where you remove the valve cores, rather than just fitting them over the existing valve. Apply some PTFE/plumbers tape or Loctite hydraulic sealant to the threads and tighten the extender in position. Refit the valve core to the extender
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • markyone
    cheers
  • Old Tuggo
    Old Tuggo Posts: 482
    Monty Dog wrote:
    The best ones are where you remove the valve cores, rather than just fitting them over the existing valve. Apply some PTFE/plumbers tape or Loctite hydraulic sealant to the threads and tighten the extender in position. Refit the valve core to the extender
    Do you know if valve cores unscew on all tubs?
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    most inner tubes do not have removable cores but my continental racelights do

i think most modern tubs use removable core valves because they tend to be used on deep profile rims, hence the extenders.
    Colnago Addict!
  • markyone
    got my conti gp 4000 today tubs and they have a removable valve core,schwalbe inner tubes have removable cores.