Leisure lakes Daventry

Liam 2010
Liam 2010 Posts: 101
edited October 2010 in MTB general
I've ordered my new bike now, and I was thinking of having it built up at leisure lakes Daventry. Has anyone had any experience with LL Daventry?

I've heard some good reviews on this place.

I'd appreciate any advice on a place to get a Boardman HT built up.

Thanks, Liam

Comments

• i have - admitedly for road bikes but they are good.

Nice guys too
  • Lowride
    Lowride Posts: 214
    I bought a Specialized FSR XC from them a few years back, a weld cracked when I was in Afan. LL sent it back to Specialized for me, I was then given a better frame and LL built it back up..

The bike had to go back as there were a few problems with it, I don`t think they bothered riding it once they had built it, quite a basic error
  • I have been going LL in dav for years as my LBS and they have always been great to me, great guys and all work i have ever needed doing has been done fine and they will go out of their way to make sure you get what you want.

So 10/10 from me.

Neil
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • Lowride wrote:
    I bought a Specialized FSR XC from them a few years back, a weld cracked when I was in Afan. LL sent it back to Specialized for me, I was then given a better frame and LL built it back up..

The bike had to go back as there were a few problems with it, I don`t think they bothered riding it once they had built it, quite a basic error

I had a similar situation when they fitted new shifters and cables to an old bike I was getting out to use again. Shifting was rubbish after they set it up and ended up setting it up myself. It was as if they didn't actually test ride it.

Although being lied to for 3-4 weeks about a bike rack delivery which never arrived despite being due in a 'couple of days' is the main reason I won't use them again.

A shame as I'd used them years ago and they were a decent shop.
  • eyepic
    eyepic Posts: 58
    Sorry to say that I will not use them ever again for any maintainance due to shoddy workmanship that I and a number of my mates have experienced....

Having said that I find them nice enough to get along with.
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Yep, I think one of my friends had a bad experience with his bikes 6 month checkover. The bike came back working a lot worse than before it went.
    Shop is usually well stocked bikewise, but can be quite pricey. I'm a sniny part tart and often think they dont have too many "bits" in, but do have quite a good range of clothing.

If it was me id build it myself. If you're southam side of daventry i'd happily help out.