FCN....

re-cycles
re-cycles Posts: 107
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
OK, so I've been popping in and out of the forum for a while now, and one thing has been bugging me for ages... WTF is all the "FCN" stuff about? I've done a search and I'm still in the dark.... Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Comments

• All you need to know: http://www.itsnotarace.org/
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • re-cycles
    All you need to know: http://www.itsnotarace.org/

Aha! And it all becomes clear! Cheers! :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    re-cycles wrote:

Remember. Never talk about the game 18.gif
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What game?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    The oldest profession in the world?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    kelsen wrote:
    The oldest profession in the world?

images-1.jpg

Cycle courier?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    So come on then, re-cycles, what's yours????

You can't turn up at the nudist beach in your trunks, you know....
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    re-cycles wrote:

Remember. Never talk about the game 18.gif

Dammit, I just lost the game. Hang on, which game are we talking about?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Sc00bs
    Sc00bs Posts: 27
    I am new to these here boards and have been unwittingly playing 'the game' for nearly a year. Don't worry, I don't talk about it.

Keep forgetting the 'you can't appear as though you're actually racing' bit though. But provided the person dropped doesn't see how knackered you are, this is OK no?

FCN=8
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
    Albert Einstein
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    The game to forget the game.

If you remember the game you lose.

Dammit! :x
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • The Rookie
    The person you drop, where you playing a game, which you couldn't be as there is no game, should be left with the impresion you are not human but an indefatigable machine of steel propelling your worthy steed at speeds they can but dream of.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sc00bs
    you are not human but an indefatigable machine of steel propelling your worthy steed at speeds they can but dream of.

If I can do this with a rolly hanging out of me trap do I earn extra points? Non-existant points for a non-existant game natch..
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
    Albert Einstein
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Sc00bs wrote:
    you are not human but an indefatigable machine of steel propelling your worthy steed at speeds they can but dream of.

If I can do this with a rolly hanging out of me trap do I earn extra points? Non-existant points for a non-existant game natch..

Lit? if so, it may-or may not -be worth 100 points.

but i don't know what the points are for....
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    You can only be accepted into the game when you have read the fist 300 pages of the SCR thread...if you're read all 1009 pages, then you either don't have a job, or shouldn't have one! :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    PBo wrote:
    Sc00bs wrote:

Collect enough points, get a free toaster or kettle.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    W1 wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Sc00bs wrote:

Surely cut glass tumblers, no?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • W1
    rjsterry wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Sc00bs wrote:

Surely cut glass tumblers, no?

Those are so 1978.

You get a free Parker pen, just for posting in the SCR thread though.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Or a carriage clock? Where I grew up, they were still giving away tumblers well into the mid '80s. Must have had a large stock.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • W1
    If you scalp 50 roadies you get a FREE Elvis Presley Dambusters Tutankamun plate, as seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177048@N08/3252321989/

No pre-fab northern bungalow should be without one.
  • The Rookie
    Class, noting that no Spitfires were in the Dambusters, but why should that make a difference!

Simon
  • Sc00bs
    W1 wrote:
    If you scalp 50 roadies you get a FREE Elvis Presley Dambusters Tutankamun plate, as seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177048@N08/3252321989/

No pre-fab northern bungalow should be without one.

Genius! Want one!!!
    Albert Einstein
  • re-cycles
    PBo wrote:

As of this morning... 21! I do remember overtaking someone once, but it was quite a while back and I can't remember what they were riding, but I'm sure it would've been something impressive! :roll:

If by the end of the week I haven't found a victim I may decide to lose the flag off the trike... Drop a couple of points, make me more aerodynamic and I can compare notes with some roadies about shaving off a couple of ounces from the bike...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    re-cycles wrote:
    PBo wrote:

As of this morning... 21! I do remember overtaking someone once, but it was quite a while back and I can't remember what they were riding, but I'm sure it would've been something impressive! :roll:

If by the end of the week I haven't found a victim I may decide to lose the flag off the trike... Drop a couple of points, make me more aerodynamic and I can compare notes with some roadies about shaving off a couple of ounces from the bike...

I didn't think the calculator went that high. Electric bike with stabilisers?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    re-cycles wrote:
    PBo wrote:

I didn't think the calculator went that high. Electric bike with stabilisers?

Electric bike with beard, pannier rack, Herman's safety wing and flat pedals whilst riding stark naked?
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    riding stark naked?

Ding Dong

Anyone for Martini?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Greg T wrote:
    riding stark naked?

Ding Dong

Anyone for Martini?

Somehow I knew that would bring GT out of his closet :wink: