Who's he calling old?

2»

Comments

• CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    hatbeard wrote:
    CdrJake wrote:
    There is always the option of showing him another route to 'work'....via the local canal...

while he's wearing some concrete overshoes for 'training' purposes? :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of a concrete jersey, but overshoes would work.
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Jeeze, poor lad, you lot really have it in for him!

Simon

it's a rite of passage, as a boy you have to endure the overbearing/protective father of your potential partners so that when you become a father you understand how to be overbearing/protective of your own daughter to protect them from boys such as your younger self. :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • CdrJake
    hatbeard wrote:
    Jeeze, poor lad, you lot really have it in for him!

Simon

it's a rite of passage, as a boy you have to endure the overbearing/protective father of your potential partners so that when you become a father you understand how to be overbearing/protective of your own daughter to protect them from boys such as your younger self. :lol:

I may not yet be a father but I do have a sister who is 19 years younger than myself. She has had to contend with both myself and our father over the years when various boyfriends have been introduced to the family.

I still have memories to this day of being pinned against the wall by the overzealous father of an ex girlfriend and being told in no uncertain he did not 'like posh kids' and to "get your hands off my daughter" I was 18 at the time.
  • One of my first girlfriends' father was a gun nut... If he'd ever found out what I was up to with his darling daughter, I'd have been in a whole world of trouble. :shock:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    One of my first girlfriends' father was a gun nut... If he'd ever found out what I was up to with his darling daughter, I'd have been in a whole world of trouble. :shock:
    Did you really mean that apostrophe to be where it is?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • The father of one of my first girlfriends.

Yes I'd say he was possessive. :lol:
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    I've always told my daughter that I would be sitting there nonchalantly cleaning my shotgun when her boyfriend/suitor first comes to collect her...

"Now young man, what are your intentions towards my lovely daughter?"

:D:D:D
  • CdrJake
    I do fear I will be one of those fathers who will be over protective towards any daughter yet a 'go for it' kind of father towards any son.
  • Nifer
    Nifer Posts: 102
    This thread has made me do an actual LOL :lol:
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    I managed to mash one of the neighbours 17 or 18 year old kids into the ground on a 1.5 mile hill close to home. He tried passed me at some pace at the bottom of a hill but I was a good half mile in front of him by the time I reached home.

He'd neither the technique or stamina to take me on. Which, considering the 30 odd year age difference I found encouraging for me and worrying for him!

Bob
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Argh yes, the old double standards!
    I'd have been in a whole world of trouble. :shock:
    Whole world of trouble, or a world full of holes?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    CdrJake wrote:
    I do fear I will be one of those fathers who will be over protective towards any daughter yet a 'go for it' kind of father towards any son.

As the father of boy/girl twins, that's a real issue for me...I will need to be seen to treat them equally

However, my younger sister (8 years my junior) maintains that all her boyfriends were terrified of me... :twisted:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • CdrJake
    SecretSam wrote:
    CdrJake wrote:

As the father of boy/girl twins, that's a real issue for me...I will need to be seen to treat them equally

However, my younger sister (8 years my junior) maintains that all her boyfriends were terrified of me... :twisted:

I bloody well hope my youngest sister current boyfriend is terrified of me on the account of him being a jumped up arsehole. I have never liked him and he is under no illusions what so ever that if he hurts my sister in any way he will regret it for a long time.