Cheapside & Watling St closed this morning

Greggyr
Greggyr Posts: 1,075
edited October 2010 in Commuting general
A large police & paramedic attendance.

Comments

• I came up from LB past Cannon St ... New Change was cordened off with police tape...loads of fire engines in the layby next to St Paul's...and all the buses were being diverted down the back of the Old Bailey (Warwick St?).
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    I went up queen street/king street this morning and saw a police car when cutting across cheapside but didn't think too much of it (was focusing more on the kamikaze peds trying to jump under my wheels at the crossings).

I wonder what happened.
    Hat + Beard
  • according to a colleague who comes on the central line - the tube didn't stop at St Paul's station because of an oil spill on the road outside the station. be careful out there later when the road opens!!!
  • Subaqua
    Subaqua Posts: 73
    Community Message from City of London Police: 0930hrs 25 October 2010
    Incident at One New Change, Cheapside
    A small number of roads around the One New Change development on Cheapside are closed following a chemical incident earlier this morning. Police were called at around 0630 following reports of a person suffering breathing problems. The building remains closed to the public whilst London Fire Brigade investigates.
    The area around the building has been cordoned off to allow access for the fire brigade. The following streets have been closed: Cheapside down to Bank Junction, Queen Victoria Street, St Paul's Church Yard, Watling Street and New Change.
    At this time, police are not treating the incident as suspicious and are grateful for the understanding of those commuters and workers whose journeys have been delayed by the closures in this particular area of the City.
    Black Pearson Imnotanumber- FCN 4
    Blue Marin Team Issue MTB - FCN around 30