Child Bike Trailer - KMS Direct.

steve12345
steve12345 Posts: 3
edited October 2010 in Family & kids cycling forum
Hi All,

I am going to Centre Parks next month and we was looking into hiring a child bike trailer for our 18 month old.

Basically it will cost us £40 for the week so I was looking on Ebay when I found these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Colours-Choose-Child-Bike-Trailer-Suspension-Cycle-/380263497308?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&var=&hash=item975765d2f7

They are £65 delivered new.

I understand they are going to be extremely basic but I just wanted to find out if anyone else had bought one and if so how they are getting on with it. Taking into account that we dont do all that much cycling and am really only buying one as it is only £25 more than hiring one!

THanks for reading, :D
Steve

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Not sure about other parcs but Longleat Forest use Burley trailers. For the £40 you'll have one of the best on the market, unlikely but they might have one you can buy cheap.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    I reckon you get what you pay for. The Ebay one would probably be fine for a few weeks' use each year, for 3 or 4 years (like just when you go to Centreparcs, in good weather, and a handful of other weekend trips). If you want something you can use several times a week all year, for many years into the future (double as cargo trailers), best to go with one of the mega-expensive brands. All sorts of cost options between the cheap and cheerful and the Burleigh/Chariot/Dolphin brands.
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    you can only use a park trailer with a park bike and i'm not sure about using your own bike.
    the ebay special will be pants, I wouldn't put my kids in one.
  • Thanks for your replies.

We tend to do alot more walking thank cycling where I live tbh as we dont have many good cycle pathsbut loads of footpaths (And busy windy roads).

If it was a case of £20 for the centre parks trailer (Which it is) then I would have no problem in just renting one for the week.

But as you have to also rent a centre parks bike (£20+) then it starts to get quite expensive compared to just buying a bargain one.

Anyway after giving it some thought I have decided to keep an eye out on Ebay for a mid range second hand one and if nothing turns up in the next couple of weeks we will just rent a centre parks one :roll:
  • The Avenir ones are good mid-range. Quite a few on e-bay recently as well.