Blue to Red - where to go

2»

Comments

• Chris`I
    Chris`I Posts: 206
    Glad to see you made the "step up". I agree with the others WRT Whinlatter, if you've done the blue, the red south is pretty much the same grade, just longer, with a harder climb to start, but downhill all the way back with all of it rollable. I took the missus around it when she had just done a Dirt Divas basic course and she was fine on it, same with the North Face trail. Just get out and try, if you dont like the look of it, get off (to the side of the trail) and have a look. Once you have looked at sections, they tend to look a lot easier than you first though :wink:
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    2010 Specialized Tricross Sport (commuter)
    2012 Boardman Road Team
  • xterra
    xterra Posts: 117
    sandybean wrote:
    xterra wrote:
    So did my first red at Dalby!!

it was great fun, only came off once :-) right at the start where the blue and red separate, on the second step drop - although i think that was because i was going to slow and hadn't got full confidence by then - but was rolling happy after that... need to work on fitness now so i can get all the way around - got to dixons hollow and then cut back across to the green and cruised home with a big smile and enjoyed the hot chocolate and flap jack at the end

thanks everyone for the guidance..

Excelent stuff fella (or lady!)

Hi Sandybean

a chap the last time i looked :-)

i see your from yorkshire - any local rides you can recommend
  • Hey fella!

Pop over to bike magic and look at the North Leeds thread, they go out Tuesdays and Thursdays usually. Am supposed to be out with them tonight but weathers too wet for me!

Sandy
  • xterra
    xterra Posts: 117
    cheers mate - thanks for the pointer..