From one Orange to another...

toby_winkler
toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
edited October 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Fell off my bike in the summer, cue injured knee and a few weeks off the bike. During this time I felt like a change of bike, admittedly it has taken longer than I hoped but things are starting to come together now!

So this is what the old bike looked like:

DSCF5054.jpg

I felt like going for something with a bit more travel up front and something slacker so that worked better on the downs.

Seen as my favourite colour is Orange, and my budget is quite tight, I went for an On One 456 Summer Season in you guessed it, bright orange! Also bought a set of 09 U-turn Revs (110-140mm) to bolt on to the front. Swapped out the bars and stem for wider and shorter ones to see how it handles. Just need to sort out gears and brakes and it will be up and running! This is what it looks like at the moment, grips will be being changed to Orange superstar ones once I get some new lock rings, as I don't seem to get on with the bar end plus ones. Sorry about the quality of the photo, only had my phone on me.

67444_485853856382_532916382_6959667_3323981_n.jpg

It is indeed a smaller frame, but I want something that was a bit more chuckable and didn't feel so tall under me. I have ridden a friend of mines 18in 456, and I got along on it fine. Also bought a new 400mm post so everything should be fine ;)

Will pop up a full spec list when its finished.