Knolly Endorphin

Dobbs
Dobbs Posts: 186
edited January 2011 in Your mountain bikes
P1020856.jpg

P1020858.jpg
have some formula the ones on the way and considering new wheels, pro2s on white arch's. Opinions?

Comments

• looks stunning. be interested to see how the white wheels look but loving the colour scheme so far :)
  • coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    i really like these frames but imo there a bit over priced im looking for a full suss frame for around a 1000 i looked at these but there way out my bugdet

really nice bike though go and get in dirty
  • Dobbs
    Overpriced?
    Knolly is not a budget brand, the endo is regarded as competition to the intense tracers, turner 5 spots, santa cruz blurs etc. You won't get one of those for £1000 either. For £1000, you're best off looking in the classifieds IMO. That will get you a lot of frame in very good condition.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wicked bike, this frame is on my 'possibilities list' for my full susser frame next summer.

What travel are those forks? Think I want Fox forks as well.

Also +1 for Archs on Pro2, that's what I have at the moment, amazingly stiff compared to my old wheels and will take pretty much anything except hardcore freeride and downhill. Not sure about white rims though, might look a bit too much against the dark frame.
  • Dobbs
    Hi Rich, Thanks for the comments. The forks are 2011 Fox Float 36s. I've put the spacer in to make them 150mm travel rather than 160mm. I might be able to help you with a discount on a new frame as I'm friendly with the importer.
    Think the white rims might be a bit much? I wish I could use photoshop to find out!
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    Pretty nice, bit of a funky shock linkage! Needs a bit colour though I think, jsut a few subtle anodised bits. Or I think white rims would make a lot of difference. I might do a quick photoshop job on it later if i can be arsed!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • coxy17
    Dobbs wrote:
    Overpriced?
    Knolly is not a budget brand, the endo is regarded as competition to the intense tracers, turner 5 spots, santa cruz blurs etc. You won't get one of those for £1000 either. For £1000, you're best off looking in the classifieds IMO. That will get you a lot of frame in very good condition.

for around a grand you can get some really good frames
    santa cruz transition devinic orange and imo they do they same job just as good as the more expensive turners intense and the more expensice santa cruzi guess there are two markets for frame the ones around a grand and the ones for people who dont really have a bugdet
  • Dobbs wrote:
    Hi Rich, Thanks for the comments. The forks are 2011 Fox Float 36s. I've put the spacer in to make them 150mm travel rather than 160mm. I might be able to help you with a discount on a new frame as I'm friendly with the importer.
    Think the white rims might be a bit much? I wish I could use photoshop to find out!

White rims would be lovely.
  • Anonymous
    Dobbs wrote:

Cheers, I'll save this thread in my favourites. At the moment I'm looking at either a Endorphin, or a Ibis Mojo, I'm sure other bikes will catch my fancy in the mean time, but at the mo I do like the Endorphin.
  • Anonymous
    kagefisk wrote:
    Dobbs wrote:

White rims would be lovely.

On a second look, I think I might agree with you. Already have white forks, bars and pedals and they look good.

Either a photoshop job, or stick masking tape on the rims, stand back and squint. ;)
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Dobbs wrote:

There you go, its hard to do nice curves so I made it smaller, so my 'shopping looks less bad :lol: White rims will look sweet.

5111600832_5160f322ac.jpg
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Dobbs
    transition devinic orange
    They're all a good bit over a grand (£1300-1700), I do agree that they're all good bikes but they're in the same price range as the Knolly. the SC hecklers are as good a deal as you could get at this time IMO.
    The l33ter, thanks ever so much for taking the time to do that, I think you've just convinced me. Think the mrs will notice?
  • thel33ter
    No problem, The Mrs won't notice if you get the wheels delivered to your office and change them there :wink:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • coxy17
    i was hoping if i got a frame the lbs would knock some off seeing how much we have brough from there

have a look at these for some white rims
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Stans ... _(and_29er)/5360051573/?referid=frogoog&source=googleps
  • Dobbs
    Thanks coxy,
    I think I'll just get some new wheels! It would cost me more to upgrade the rims!
    I'll post some more pics when its finished. If its ever finished :D
  • thel33ter
    Dobbs wrote:
    Thanks coxy,
    I think I'll just get some new wheels! It would cost me more to upgrade the rims!
    I'll post some more pics when its finished. If its ever finished :D

Bikes are never finished, there's always that new shiny bit that you absolutely need or you may as well give up cycling and take up checkers :lol:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Dobbs
    Ain't that the truth. dot1s comments about colour has already got me thinking about splashes of orange! It never stops.
  • Dobbs
    All finished! Went for a splash of gold.
    bike2.jpg
  • thel33ter
    Wow, that cushion is awesome 8)

The bike's alright too :wink:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Dobbs
    Thanks mate. I wish I had a say in the soft furnishings in the house; there wouldn't be any!
    Unfortunately I don't so I gets what I gets.