vvOT £150,000 per week

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Let's get this clear from the off. I don't watch football, I don't care about football and I've never given a green squat who plays for who.

But.

BBC news has just (admittedly speculated not recited from a fact sheet) that the strategically shaved, granny prostitute frequenting, can't string a sentence together, value to the advancement of human conciousness zero lump of balding teen testosterone Orangutang Wayne Rooney had apparently finished posturing and used it to gain a re-negotiated contract at 150 PER FOOKIN WEEK.

Hang your heads in shame footballistas. You are paying for this. Hope you get value for money.
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• only £150 a week? I earn more than that in IT hehe :-D
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I'll hang my head in shame if anyone who's ever watched a Tom Cruise movie or bought a U2 record agrees to as well. Not difficult to argue that both the above (Bono in the latter case) are even bigger twats than Rooney.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    SimonAH wrote:
    Let's get this clear from the off. I don't watch football, I don't care about football and I've never given a green squat who plays for who.

But.

BBC news has just (admittedly speculated not recited from a fact sheet) that the strategically shaved, granny prostitute frequenting, can't string a sentence together, value to the advancement of human conciousness zero lump of balding teen testosterone Orangutang Wayne Rooney had apparently finished posturing and used it to gain a re-negotiated contract at 150 PER FOOKIN WEEK.

Hang your heads in shame footballistas. You are paying for this. Hope you get value for money.

Top few in his profession in the world, obscene wages is par for the course and the comparison with film or music seems fair
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    As my name suggests am I allowed to comment or would that be viewed as slightly biased. For what its worth I do think he's a t1t for what he's said and done, and I don't think anyone is worth 150,000 a week.
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Where does all that money come from? Do ticket receipts, merchandising and TV rights really add up to cover all a clubs expenses? Aren't several top clubs constantly fighting receivership?

And then we act all surprised when the economy never runs smoothly.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Zachariah wrote:
    Where does all that money come from? Do ticket receipts, merchandising and TV rights really add up to cover all a clubs expenses? Aren't several top clubs constantly fighting receivership?

And then we act all surprised when the economy never runs smoothly.

Interesting thread over on Cake Stop. I think someone made a point about them not being to afford the interest payments. Seems that there isn't actually that much money if the debt has to be paid off next year.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."