first little tour

jellybellywmb
jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
edited November 2010 in Tour & expedition
Just did my first multi day ride from Melton Mowbray(Leicestershire) to Wareham (Dorset).
It was spur of the moment thing as was going there anyway with wife and kids for half term, grabbed some panniers and a rack and said i would meet them there, did it over three days as stopped of in Wiltshire to see my brother. I must say i enjoyed it more than i expected i would.

Stayed first night in a hotel which was a little extravagant but worth it and then obviously at my brothers, I fancied camping but didnt have time to get tent etc sorted.

210 miles with average speed of 13.2 and saw some great parts of the country that i normally just fly past in the car.

Big question is where next??
"BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy

Comments

• That's always the big question Jelly Belly. Welcome to the club. :D
  • Malersh
    Malersh Posts: 13
    Coast to coast? It's well signed and it's a sociable ride as many do it every weekend (although I dare say this is tailing off now as we approach November.) I recently did Whitehaven->Tynemouth in a weekend carrying camping gear split with a friend.
  • West country way...I did this last summer with my bro in law.

240 miles ish and some fabulous scenery...good climbs over Exmoor and around the cornish coast.

we did it in 4 1/2 days but you could do it in less or more time.

This summer I organised a trip for a group of mates from London to Bristol along routes 4 and 5 (Kennet and Avon Canal) good route.

Next summer I am looking the Cotswolds...a triangle from Oxford- stratford - cirencester-oxford....a jolly boys outing really! :lol::lol:

Good luck with your future adventures.