Bikeroutetoaster/MayMyRide route only HTC Desire

badlydrunkboy
badlydrunkboy Posts: 78
edited October 2010 in Road beginners
I've planned a route out on bikeroutetoaster or MapMyRide and was hoping i'd be able to transfer it onto my Desire but i'm a bit of a flid when it comes to things like that. Can anyone help me? Do i need to install any particular apps to do it or should i be able to do it using Maps? :oops:

Comments

• Essex Man
    Essex Man Posts: 283
    Can't help you, but I'm wondering if flid is a bit of a non-PC term - not heard it since I was at school!
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    Essex Man wrote:
    Can't help you, but I'm wondering if flid is a bit of a non-PC term - not heard it since I was at school!

He couldn't spell spastic
    I like white bikes
  • cryocon
    cryocon Posts: 46
    I use an app called Backcountry Navigator and you import the gpx file that you export front Bikeroutetoaster. The clever thing about BCN is that you can select an area of the map you require and download it so you can be out of mobile coverage and not have to worry about the map not loading.

It works perfectly on my Desire and all the instructions are on their website. Can't remember the url, but just Google it.
  • cryocon wrote:
    I use an app called Backcountry Navigator and you import the gpx file that you export front Bikeroutetoaster. The clever thing about BCN is that you can select an area of the map you require and download it so you can be out of mobile coverage and not have to worry about the map not loading.

It works perfectly on my Desire and all the instructions are on their website. Can't remember the url, but just Google it.

Perfect, cheers pal.
  • Map my ride have a free app for the android phones. I use it on my desire.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Spender45 wrote:
    Map my ride have a free app for the android phones. I use it on my desire.

As does My Tracks