Anywhere good around Marple?

Mootanclan
Mootanclan Posts: 63
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Hi all now that winter is nearly upon us and the road bike is retired until next spring is there anywhere good around werneth low,marple etc..
Cube Peleton Race 2013
Cube cross race cx 2016

I have a cycling problem work gets in the way!!!

Comments

• There is some great riding out that way. Used to Live in Altrincham and would travel over towards Marple for decent rides. If you want to keep it very local there are a number of short rides from the Roman Lakes Leisure Park, www.romanlakes.co.uk/mountain_biking).

You can also head over towards Hayfield and Hope where there is some great fun to be had on the moors.

Miss that area now Ihave moved to the Midlands but on the plus side I have new areas to discover.

Have fun

Giant TCR Advanced 3 '12
    Giant Trance X2 '09
    GT Avalanche Expert '07
    Claud Butler Milano '07
  • cw42
    cw42 Posts: 205
    Marple and surrounding areas are great to mtb. I live in Romiley, so just over the valley from you. Use the canal system to get into the heart of the peaks at Hayfield and cycle back over Lantern Pike and Rowarth, or go along the middlewood way and towards Macc forest. If you head towards the Roman Lakes, there are loads of great routes around there to have a play on, just a case of linking them all together
    live long, eat biscuit