time v keo ?

stronginthesun
stronginthesun Posts: 433
edited October 2010 in Road beginners
got some worn out keo look at the moment , which are fine . but fancy a change anyone use time pedals ? what they like ?

Comments

• I have always used Time. Tried the Look Keo's and the Q factor was too low for my liking.
  • paul64
    paul64 Posts: 278
    I changed my bikes from Look Keo to Time iClic this year to make things easier at traffic lights etc, the jury is still out for me. I prefer the iClic cleat when clicking in, I don't notice any difference in clicking out. However, the iClic cleats have shredded badly and it is not yet clear if this is usual or perhaps the cleats are still developing.

Worse than the shredding though, after my last 3 rides I resolved to check every nut and bolt on the pedals, cleats, chainset and also the bottom bracket due to a clicking noise. No need though having discovered this complete crack:

brokentimefibreflex001.jpg

Time have responded with this by the way

"There is a new model of cleats for the I CLIC pedals, so you can ask to your bike shop to change in warranty for the new model."

A dose of man flu means I haven't followed this up as yet.
  • neilmacd
    neilmacd Posts: 128
    I used Time pedals up until about June/July.

Got fed up of breaking the front lip off the pedal when engaging & my foot slipped.
    Add to that the fact that one of my pedals came apart from the axle when I was doing close on 30mph.

Not sure if they've resolved the issues with the front edge breaking with the iClic as it's a fairly common problem by all accounts if you search t'internet.

Now using Shimano SPD-SL's and they seem bomb proof - fairly similar to Look pedals too in terms of float, engagement too
    Scott CR1 Team
    Bitsa training bike. Bitsa this Bitsa that.......
    I'd rather quit than buy from Halfords
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    I use Time on my training bike and look on my best bike. I prefer Time for a couple of reasons. Look cleats last about half as long as Time cleats and because I have wide feet the extra distance you can get between the my shoes and cranks stops them rubbing.
  • Don't get either - get Speedplay pedals instead :wink: