Vito Sport needs your help!

sandymay10
sandymay10 Posts: 11
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Hi all!

Mercedes-Benz are developing the next Vito Sport due to be released in Q1 2011, what do you think makes a great van for mountain biking and outdoor lifestyles?

This can include colours, multimedia items, accessories such as towbars, roof rails, chrome trim and more!

If you could comment on the fb discussion posted below as well as here, that would be great.

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1 ... opic=13886

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    ONe that doesn't rust like the old Vitos would be a good start :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A free one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    If your minted they are ok,

Renault / Vauxhall / Transit all cheaper to run, T5 more desirable.

Sorry :roll:

If I had lots of cash Crew cab pickup for me or

Bowler_Nemesis_1.jpg

:lol:

TAXI...........................................
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • transporter%20t5.jpg

One that doesn't rust, doesn't break down very often, one thats built solidly and has no complicated suspension systems ready to go wrong. Pictured above :D
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Ryan Jones wrote:
    transporter%20t5.jpg

One that doesn't rust, doesn't break down very often, one thats built solidly and has no complicated suspension systems ready to go wrong. Pictured above :D

yep I have a few mates who have them, but they are a bit too much "surfer dude" round here
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • I've got a V220 and have to say it's got tons of room and exceedingly comfy - no rust (yet) and as reliable as anything else i've had. and the bikes fit inside so no bike carrier needed. And the eberspacher heater is just brilliant!
    Ignosce mihi, cacare necesse est!
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Seconded the comment on one that doesn't rust.

The mtb crew are going to be looking for something that's more car like than van like, comfy, room for bikes, plenty of gadgets and a good stereo for long trips.

A couple of things about this just don't add up though:

- a van due for release on Q1 2011 would have been fully developed by now so it's going to be too late for changes
    - recreational sales are going to be seriously low for van manufacteurs. Most bikers buying a van will get an older one, quite possibly as a second vehicle. Mercedes are not going to design a van around the social buyers, it'll be for the commercial guys as that's where their sales come from.
    - the biking market just isn't big enough to sustain a special edition unless it's a normal van kitted out with bike racks/tool kit storage etc. These types of orders are going to be adapted as per customer specifications.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike